The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Any opinions about Lyon Street, Victoria Chambers or Meadowside Hall?

I'm not sure which one is the most value for my money....I'm thinking about Lyon Street, it's not that far from university and it's also very affordable. Does anyone reading this have experiences of Lyon Street's economy/standard rooms? Or opinions about what would be the best alternative for a girl moving from another country, never visited UK..? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’ve applied to Lyon street and Victoria chambers, Lyon street doesn’t look as nice but its a place to stay, Lyon street is further away from the uni and Victoria chambers is closer to abertay.
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
Yupp I ended up applying Victoria Chambers as my first choice and then Lyon street as 2nd and 3rd :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pilvi_95
Yupp I ended up applying Victoria Chambers as my first choice and then Lyon street as 2nd and 3rd :smile:

Ive done the same, im quite anxious about moving but excited at the same time!
Reply 4
Same here! I'm coming from Finland so I hope everything works out :smile: Can't wait offers from accommodation, and SAAS also....
Reply 5
Hope it works out :-) what will you be studying Btw? :3
Reply 6
Psychology :smile: and you?
Reply 7
Psychology :smile: and you?

Ethical hacking :smile: im Harry Btw,im genuinely so anxious about moving
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Allright :smile: I'm Pilvi.
Reply 9
Allright :smile: I'm Pilvi.

Safe, hope to see you there
Reply 10
Yupp! :smile:
Reply 11
Yay! I've now accepted an offer from Victoria Chambers, I got a standard twin- room! So happy now :smile:
Yay! I've now accepted an offer from Victoria Chambers, I got a standard twin- room! So happy now :smile:

**** yss ive got the one with the ensuit bathroom! You excited for freshers? :tongue:
Reply 13
I am, totally! Tho a bit nervous, never visited UK
I am, totally! Tho a bit nervous, never visited UK

Theres a few clubs and bars, Mangos hifi are playing in September I'm so hyped! :3 but everyone is in the same bout about being anxious! I'm moving 400 miles away from home! :frown: but once you get there and find your feet, you'll love it! :3
Reply 15
Haha cool! Yea I am moving from Finland, it's hard to leave everyone I know behind, but I think I get used to living there :smile:
[Ia]Haha cool! Yea I am moving from Finland, it's hard to leave everyone I know behind, but I think I get used to living there :smile:

It will be hard, but evryone Is in the same boat ish! Like try not to worry about it, I live right down south and moving very far up just don't worry about it!
Reply 17
Yeah ^^ now i am waiting for replies from Finland's "social security" which supports students financially :smile:
Aw sweet is that like the student loan? :3
Reply 19
I get part of the support for free and part of it is loan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest