The Student Room Group

Mature Student Survey Help - Is There Enough Information Available To Help!

Going into my 3rd year of my bachelors degree at Edge Hill University,one thing that has always puzzled and annoyed me is the lack of information for mature students.
Even if that last comment was a bit harsh and the information is available its like looking for a needle in a haystack, lots of information available but on over crowded websites that over crowded you eventually give up looking like I have many times.
I left school with no qualifications, so finding information about the first steps to take to get back into education is very hard to find but being a persistent chappie and 18 months later after many phone calls I actually succeeded.

So my question to any mature students who may read this thread is how did you find the process of getting back into education?

Where you frustrated ?
Did you find the information easily ?
Do you think their should be a website or forum like Facebook or twitter where people can register and talk to mature students freely for help ?

Who are mature students?

Mature students are anyone over the age of 21, I think this is a bit stupid also. That age should be lifted to 28 in my opinion for the record im 53 yes I look younger but my body is a temple and all that.

Please get back to me with your thoughts or ideas to improve the quality of information available for mature students or any ideas.

Thanks for reading.

Quick Reply

Latest