The Student Room Group

Dont want to go to graduation at all !?

Thing is I didnt really want to go to this uni, my parents were really strict about me staying at home and it was horrible, I was commuting 2 hours a days which wasnt my choice, if I actually choose the commute it would be better but I was thrown into a situation I didnt want to be in. I couldnt work at home because things would kick off and my family would argue so how the ****, can I get my work done if everyone is arguing.

So I had to trave 1hour 10mins to get to the uni where I could use the library and work there this was horrible and stressful but I got the work done. At times I was so upset I was held back, I was going to lecutres faking a smile acting as if everything was ok.

Now I have to go graduation and act as if everything is so lovely when it isnt im the one who has paid a lot of money for graduation and for what, my parents why do I have to pay for them to be there. Not like they cared about my education if they did they would have allowed me to live away as it was easier for me or kept it quiet at home but they didnt I told them so many times but they didnt give a ****.

And the only person who was affected by this was me, I took all the **** coming home late and leaving early sometimes with no enerygy. I dont want to go to graduation the only thing keeping me going would be my friends they would be like why havent you come, I cant tell them this situation can I.

What can I do ?
Go to graduation. Be with your friends. Go home. Pack. Leave home and do what YOU want to do with life.
You're clearly miserable so this isn't one of those cases where parents know best. You also seem very motivated. Congratulations on getting through the shizz and graduating :smile: Proud of ya!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Moonstruck16
Go to graduation. Be with your friends. Go home. Pack. Leave home and do what YOU want to do with life.
You're clearly miserable so this isn't one of those cases where parents know best. You also seem very motivated. Congratulations on getting through the shizz and graduating :smile: Proud of ya!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you sooo much you actually motivated me more :smile:. Thing is I had to put up with so much bull**** at home. Yeah now im going to make my own decisions and my own mistakes and do I what I want to do.
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the truth right there! to the OP, do what you want that makes you happy in life, don't let anyone drag you down not even your family. They've had their fair share of life and now it's for you to do the same without anyone controlling you!
I know how u feel I live at home and go to Greenwich university and I wish that I could have moved away now cos I don't get along with my parents either but you should still go to your graduation!!
Original post by redleader1
Aww thank you sooo much you actually motivated me more :smile:. Thing is I had to put up with so much bull**** at home. Yeah now im going to make my own decisions and my own mistakes and do I what I want to do.

I'm glad but it's true. You've done what they wanted you to do. You are in the prime of your life now and you've got through university. The real world is going to have to hit you soon if you want to get to where you're happy (your dream job, starting a family, etc.) and even though I'm sure your family loves you, being at home won't build you as a person. I moved away for university and even though my family is still there, I've made mistakes and had to deal with them but I would never change that. The mistakes have made me more confident and motivated. Now it's your turn to make those mistakes and get to where you need to be :smile:
Reply 6
I'm glad but it's true. You've done what they wanted you to do. You are in the prime of your life now and you've got through university. The real world is going to have to hit you soon if you want to get to where you're happy (your dream job, starting a family, etc.) and even though I'm sure your family loves you, being at home won't build you as a person. I moved away for university and even though my family is still there, I've made mistakes and had to deal with them but I would never change that. The mistakes have made me more confident and motivated. Now it's your turn to make those mistakes and get to where you need to be :smile:

Exactly now that uni's over its my turn. I did enjoy uni but it feels horrible being set back by your parents as I wanted to live out, its sad when my work mates say 'cant believe you never lived out at uni' then I have to lie and say I didnt want to, otherwise it'll look bad on me.

But now its all over im ready and really motivated to enter the real world and make something of myself.
Reply 7
Original post by TanMan
That's the truth right there! to the OP, do what you want that makes you happy in life, don't let anyone drag you down not even your family. They've had their fair share of life and now it's for you to do the same without anyone controlling you!

Thats how you become successful, I remember a tutor of mine saying how his family was against him for joining the army but he loved it.
Reply 8
Thats how you become successful, I remember a tutor of mine saying how his family was against him for joining the army but he loved it.

Yeah for sure, you have to do what's right for you. I mean i made a post about if uni is worth going any longer and for one of the messages i wrote that during one of my resits, i was in a hotel. Spoke to a complete stranger and i told her my story of not wanting to continue with university any longer because i find it a waste of money. It's a cliche to hear "follow your heart" but it was my first time that i heard it off a complete stranger and i was in shock, never been that motivated and keen to do what i want to make myself happy and successful.

There's a time and place for everything, taking the best opportunities is the wisest than doing something you won't enjoy doing. And this is how i go about life, if you enjoy something so much there should be an obstacle or price tag infront of what you want to achieve. What you want you can do and reach, everyone's has to start from the bottom anyways
Reply 9
Original post by TanMan
Yeah for sure, you have to do what's right for you. I mean i made a post about if uni is worth going any longer and for one of the messages i wrote that during one of my resits, i was in a hotel. Spoke to a complete stranger and i told her my story of not wanting to continue with university any longer because i find it a waste of money. It's a cliche to hear "follow your heart" but it was my first time that i heard it off a complete stranger and i was in shock, never been that motivated and keen to do what i want to make myself happy and successful.

There's a time and place for everything, taking the best opportunities is the wisest than doing something you won't enjoy doing. And this is how i go about life, if you enjoy something so much there should be an obstacle or price tag infront of what you want to achieve. What you want you can do and reach, everyone's has to start from the bottom anyways

Did you finish uni then ?
Reply 10
Did you finish uni then ?

Nah, i studied for my first year in economics. When i was resitting some exams that's when i realised why am i really wasting my precious time when i know i can be working, earning and investing. It was a tough decision, but i think i'm making the right choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending