The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Question about results

Hi.

I am from Romania and I've taken the Baccalaureate exam. Since I have not yet received an answer to my question from the University representatives, I'm addressing the same issue here.
I have a certificate that proves I've passed the exam and one from a Cambridge English exam and apparently I need to send both of them to the University. My question is where I should them to and what exactly I should send. The Proficiency in English certificate is written in English so I don't think it needs to be translated or altered in any way, but the Baccalaureate certificate is in Romanian.
Also, I believe I should scan them(after translating the Romanian one) and I should provide them to the University via Email, and I want someone here to kindly confirm this fact for me.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers.
Original post by raskolnikov96
Hi.

I am from Romania and I've taken the Baccalaureate exam. Since I have not yet received an answer to my question from the University representatives, I'm addressing the same issue here.
I have a certificate that proves I've passed the exam and one from a Cambridge English exam and apparently I need to send both of them to the University. My question is where I should them to and what exactly I should send. The Proficiency in English certificate is written in English so I don't think it needs to be translated or altered in any way, but the Baccalaureate certificate is in Romanian.
Also, I believe I should scan them(after translating the Romanian one) and I should provide them to the University via Email, and I want someone here to kindly confirm this fact for me.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers.

Hi. You have to get the certificate of the Romain Baccalaureate translated by someone of the British Council to be "official" and then it has to be stamped by your school/uni or some place that also confirms it is official. And when you have that, you send it to the Admissions office, but what I don't know if they accept scanned documents. Hope it helps :smile: (chekc their web because I think they explain it)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by angelamartinc235
Hi. You have to get the certificate of the Romain Baccalaureate translated by someone of the British Council to be "official" and then it has to be stamped by your school/uni or some place that also confirms it is official. And when you have that, you send it to the Admissions office, but what I don't know if they accept scanned documents. Hope it helps :smile: (chekc their web because I think they explain it)

Thank you very much for your answer. And what about the Cambridge Proficiency Certificate? It's already in English. Should I photocopy it?
Reply 3
Salve, Raskolnikov96!

Send to your uni by e-mail a scanned copy from both the original and the translated version of your Diploma and Record of Services. Also send scanned copies of your Cambridge Certificate and Statement of Results. It's enough for the Admissions office to change your conditional offer in an unconditional one - at least it was enough for me at Sheffield. I simply love that uni - everybody it's so kind and warm - I can't wait to get there!

Before you leave to UK,, make legalized copies of everything (ID, birth certificate, record of services, diploma - both the original and translated ones), you will need them! Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by andr3yon3
Salve, Raskolnikov96!

Send to your uni by e-mail a scanned copy from both the original and the translated version of your Diploma and Record of Services. Also send scanned copies of your Cambridge Certificate and Statement of Results. It's enough for the Admissions office to change your conditional offer in an unconditional one - at least it was enough for me at Sheffield. I simply love that uni - everybody it's so kind and warm - I can't wait to get there!

Before you leave to UK,, make legalized copies of everything (ID, birth certificate, record of services, diploma - both the original and translated ones), you will need them! Good luck!

Thank you very much for your answer, but they made it clear that I need to send photocopies via post. :smile:
Best of luck at Sheffield!
Sorry for the double post, but I have a problem with my Cambridge Certificate.
I tried to have a photocopy of it stamped by my highschool princpial and by a notary and they both said that it needs to be translated in Romanian first. But if they translate it, I think the Uni representatives won't understand a word from it and it will be useless.
So what should I send to the Uni as a proof of my English qualifications? Should I send an unstamped photocopy or the original? If I send the original, when will I get it back? Thanks again.
Reply 6
Hello! I have sent by mail only copies of my Cambridge Certificate, Statement of Results and Confirmation of Entry. On the last one of them, in the bottom left corner, there is an access code that your uni can use to verify the authenticity of your results. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending