The Student Room Group

Business a-level?

Hi, I am currently choosing my a-levels. I would like to study Economics in Uni. Economics is no longer offered at my school. I have decided to take German, Maths and Chemistry (Things I am good at). I am not sure whether to take biology or business. Any advice? Thanks!

My issue with biology is that I don't want to seem too science based. My issue with business is that it isn't regarded as highly and may affect my chances of getting into a good course.
Reply 1
If you really want to do economics in Uni.. i would strongly suggest to do business for the reason that you will have a clear understanding about economics in a levels..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice! Do you think it is a good a level to do as some universities don't class it as a 'preferred' subject?
Reply 3
Thank you! Yes I was worrying about the step up to a level as I only did double science so thought this may
make biology harder. Is it hard to get in to do economics? Congratulations also!
Reply 4
Nooo do not listen to this guy. Unis consider business to be a 'soft' subject so this may jeopardise your chances of going to the best uni possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I would not say economics is hard to get into.. just do your best and your best will help go to uni you want and soo deserve..

Excuse fine business is such a soft subject.. okay why does the world now revolve around businesses.?! Can you please not look down on business student for they also study a course that they want.. Also, what is the point of getting into the best unis?! Unis are all the same they teach you a higher level education for you to get a job you want! So, therefore, do not look down business subject and uni that are not BEST!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Business is not usually a preferred subject but even unis such as LSE allow one non-preferred subject, so it will be fine with the other subjects you have mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending