The Student Room Group

Economics at uni

I want to study Economics at university, but I can’t choose between universities. I’m definitely applying to Cambridge, but I need to choose 4 more options (I currently have 5 more). They are: Warwick, Bath, Bristol, LSE, UCL. How would you rank these (it would be great if you could put them in order from ‘best’ to ‘worst’) based on your opinion on a mix of: how much choice/option you have in the course, how pretty the university/city is, and how much fun the university life is. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!
Original post by LaurieHarris
I want to study Economics at university, but I can’t choose between universities. I’m definitely applying to Cambridge, but I need to choose 4 more options (I currently have 5 more). They are: Warwick, Bath, Bristol, LSE, UCL. How would you rank these (it would be great if you could put them in order from ‘best’ to ‘worst’) based on your opinion on a mix of: how much choice/option you have in the course, how pretty the university/city is, and how much fun the university life is. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

LSE
UCL/Warwick
Bath
Bristol

The courses are generally pretty similar at the top end with Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick and UCL, although flexibility wise, Warwick is more flexible, as you have greater freedom with optional modules.
Bath and Bristol have courses that are relatively flexible, but I put Bath above Bristol because of the option to do a placement year is quite valuable.

Warwick and Bath are campus unis, so they're quieter than the others, although Cambridge is also fairly quiet. Both campuses are nice, and Bath's accommodation is great, and is fairly cheap.
Bristol accommodation is fairly expensive relative to Bath, and LSE/UCL are more expensive than any, seeing as they're in London, which also means more to do (better nightlife etc)

You may want a lower ranked uni as a backup, just in case, but if you're applying for top 5 it shouldn't be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest