The Student Room Group

ISIS may have attacked in Tennessee, US

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ibzombie96
This is exact proof as to why your position is so unintelligent and inconsistent. You attempt to justify feeling more sympathetic to the white people killed than the many Muslims who are killed simply on the basis that (i) Muslims have killed Muslims for longer than they have white people and (ii) that white people are not a part of this fight. Again, these two justifications are extremely weak. The first asserts that one's sympathy should decrease as the novelty of these murders dissipates, whilst the second ignores the fact that many Muslims who are killed are not part of this fight either, as they are civilians.

I would advise you to stop embarrassing yourself by presenting such a dull, unintelligent argument.

I have made no mention of peoples skin colour

The rest of your post is based on this dishonesty on your part
Original post by Fango_Jett
1) From the premise of innocent until proven guilty,

And why do you believe that premise to be correct?

I would assume that they were innocent because nothing else has said about them.

So if there is no evidence, then that person didn't engage in some kind of criminal behaviour?

2) I doubt the marines would have convicted criminals working as recruiting officers and would have long discharged them if they were guilty (of something?).

What if one had killed a young man in battle or authorised a drone strike that wiped out half a dozen civilians? is he innocent?
Original post by PopaPork
He shows how some muslims think when they read things like this

Rather telling really

I noticed that you asked me to raise any objections I had to your point.

I duly did so but you did not respond...
I feel sorry for those killed but really this terrorism is caused by America's foreign policy and we must remember that.

If they want to end terrorism they would **** off out of the Middle East.

Not just the Middle East, but the coup and conflict in Ukraine has America all over it.

Britain are just as bad they follow everything they do.
Original post by footstool1924
And why do you believe that premise to be correct?

So if there is no evidence, then that person didn't engage in some kind of criminal behaviour?

What if one had killed a young man in battle or authorised a drone strike that wiped out half a dozen civilians? is he innocent?

If we didn't have that premise we could be dragging everyone to court over hearsay. I now say that you are an ISIS militant. Better get to work disproving it. Presumption of innocence is a fairly universal right, even in backwards countries like Iran.

Yes? If you don't have evidence, all we have is a basless accusations of others, which is worth as much as toilet paper.

Do you have any proof that he did? How do you know that he wasn't just a recruit out of training?
If we didn't have that premise we could be dragging everyone to court over hearsay. I now say that you are an ISIS militant. Better get to work disproving it. Presumption of innocence is a fairly universal right, even in backwards countries like Iran.

You may say what you like of me. I couldn't care less.

So because everyone says that it is a right, it automatically becomes a right/

Yes? If you don't have evidence, all we have is a basless accusations of others, which is worth as much as toilet paper.

What level of evidence are you looking for? Civil or criminal burden?

If someone is convicted in a civil court of an offence but wouldn't be in a criminal trial, does that mean that he is guilty?

Do you have any proof that he did? How do you know that he wasn't just a recruit out of training?

I don't but then again, I also didn't say that he was guilty of such crimes.

Poppa was the one who said he was innocent so if you want proof of that, you should take it up with him.
Original post by PopaPork
I have made no mention of peoples skin colour

The rest of your post is based on this dishonesty on your part

Hahaha this is intellectual capitulation at its very slimiest. Well done. You've found a small fault with which you can absolve yourself from dealing with the train wreck that is your original argument, which I have destroyed. But I'm not going to let you do that, so let's do this: replace all instances of 'white people' in my argument with 'innocent US citizens' (or any description of those that died, whichever passes as honest for you). Now, please, have a good go at defending your original argument.

I really must say, after having portrayed your argument as lacking in depth, I really thought you'd have the presence of mind not to make another pig's ear of a post. We both know to whom I am referring when I say 'white people' - if I'd called them 'humans', your same argument would apply, allowing you to not engage with my argument on account of the fact that you didn't call them 'humans'.

I don't want to show you up more than necessary on a thread on which you are already hideously unpopular, but you can't just present such crappy arguments.

Oh, and learn to use apostrophe's, please :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
ISIS arguably follow a more literal interpretation of the Qur'an than most modern day muslims. Practically everything they do can be justified using verses from the Qur'an. If Muhammed were to return he would probably recognise their version of Islam more than most present day ones.

But isn't this precisely because ISIS view everyone else as non-muslims?

Basically anyone who doesn't agree with ISIS is an enemy to them even if you are a Muslim.
Reply 68
I love how the left justifies Islamic terrorism. No wonder they team up with the pro-sharia law protesters at 'anti fascist' protests!
Original post by ibzombie96
Hahaha this is intellectual capitulation at its very slimiest.

No this is simply you being wrong and me calling you out for it

I shouldn't need to explain to you in this day and age that not all muslims are brown and not all of Islams victims are white

The rest of your post is nothing but ad hominem and will be ignored as unworthy of my time
(edited 8 years ago)
You may say what you like of me. I couldn't care less.

So because everyone says that it is a right, it automatically becomes a right/

What level of evidence are you looking for? Civil or criminal burden?

If someone is convicted in a civil court of an offence but wouldn't be in a criminal trial, does that mean that he is guilty?

I don't but then again, I also didn't say that he was guilty of such crimes.

Poppa was the one who said he was innocent so if you want proof of that, you should take it up with him.

Sorry what's that? You don't have anything to say to your defence? You're still guilty by your logic. Better start booking that flight to Cuba. Without the presumption of innocence, you are an ISIS militant.

It doesn't matter what kind of proof it is. You need more than words to convict anyone of anything. Accusations without anything to back aren't worth the paper they are printed on.
If we didn't have that premise we could be dragging everyone to court over hearsay.

If you have to argue why 'innocent until proven guilty' is a reasonable stance to take with someone It's not worth your time and loss of sanity
Original post by A5ko
I would love to see the Muslim world rise up against ISIS and kick the **** out of them.

IMHO, it will NEVER happen - any more than you will see the "non-white" community in the inner cities anywhere rise up and turn against the thugs and drug dealers!! Completely impossible - although it would be NICE to see. Cheers.
Sorry what's that? You don't have anything to say to your defence? You're still guilty by your logic. Better start booking that flight to Cuba. Without the presumption of innocence, you are an ISIS militant.

You seem to think that I care what you think about me. I don't.

It doesn't matter what kind of proof it is. You need more than words to convict anyone of anything. Accusations without anything to back aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

You don't seem to understand the point about evidence and thresholds...
You seem to think that I care what you think about me. I don't.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is. Your opinion could be used as toilet paper for a judge. By stating that you don't believe in innocence until proven guilty, you are automatically guilty until you have proven it.
Reply 75
Original post by DiddyDec
Twitter screen caps can easily faked and the account has been suspended.

Oh now it is suspended. Honestly I looked yesterday and it took me to that tweet on twitter
Reply 76
Original post by SeaPony
I love how the left justifies Islamic terrorism. No wonder they team up with the pro-sharia law protesters at 'anti fascist' protests!

When will our governments stop allowing our enemies to live amongst us? Islam is only a religion of peace for islamics
(edited 8 years ago)
It doesn't matter what your opinion is. Your opinion could be used as toilet paper for a judge. By stating that you don't believe in innocence until proven guilty, you are automatically guilty until you have proven it.

Except I didn't say I believed in it or disbelieved in the premise.

All I asked you to do was prove that the premise is worth anything.
Except I didn't say I believed in it or disbelieved in the premise.

All I asked you to do was prove that the premise is worth anything.

I'm not going to embark on a lengthy discussion of why Presumption of Innocence is worthwhile unless it's actually relevant to the shootings. Go to the Law or Philosophy boards if you want to debate its merits. I only responded because you were the one questioning the Marine's presumed innocence (for something? I still don't get what?)
I'm not going to embark on a lengthy discussion of why Presumption of Innocence is worthwhile unless it's actually relevant to the shootings. Go to the Law or Philosophy boards if you want to debate its merits. I only responded because you were the one questioning the Marine's presumed innocence (for something? I still don't get what?)

That was a waste of posts, then...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending