The Student Room Group

Pharmacology In America

I want to do a pharmacology degree in America (new york)(I'm from london) I done a little bit of research, but I was just wondering what are the exact tests I will need?

SAT & Any other stuff?

Also will my A-Levels matter at all?
You'll need to take the SAT or ACT, and possibly SAT subject tests. Check with the admissions office of the college you're applying to (normally this is also on their website.

Your A-levels don't matter in the same way as the UK. In the US they will demonstrate you've followed an "academically rigorous course" and factor into your GPA, which is one of the factors they consider for admission. Once you are admitted, you will almost certainly receive some advanced placement/credit for your A-level subjects.

This is because essentially in the US, you aren't required to do A-levels or equivalent for entry (although realistically most do, especially for top tier universities), and so it takes an additional year to get the degree (4 years) and the first year courses are usually broadly equivalent to A-level difficulty (although in a shorter amount of time. It's similar in some respects to the Scottish system.

You should carefully consider the financial implications of studying in the US, as there is very limited funding for international students and the cost of tuition alone is typically equal to the full cost of living and tuition at a UK university (which you would also have loans for, which you probably won't in the US).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending