The Student Room Group

Back Ups

If I don't get into Medicine what should I do that can later put me in a good position to do medicine as a postgraduate?
Reply 1
I was thinking of Biomedical Science but I want a more practical career if I don't get into medicine second time.
Original post by kithu1602
If I don't get into Medicine what should I do that can later put me in a good position to do medicine as a postgraduate?

Life sciences degrees are universally accepted by all graduate entry programmes. It doesn't matter which: biomedical sciences, biochemistry, pharmacology etc are all good.

As for having a practical career...that really depends on what you find interesting. If you like the idea of working in a lab then biomed, biochem etc are all good undergraduate degrees. If you want do something more people focused perhaps consider pharmacy or an allied health degree like audiology.

But if you want to be a doctor this is all a bit irrelevant; why would you decide to not apply after two applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
A bit of home surgery would look fantastic on your C.V.
Reply 4
Original post by Democracy
Life sciences degrees are universally accepted by all graduate entry programmes. It doesn't matter which: biomedical sciences, biochemistry, pharmacology etc are all good.

As for having a practical career...that really depends on what you find interesting. If you like the idea of working in a lab then biomed, biochem etc are all good undergraduate degrees. If you want do something more people focused perhaps consider pharmacy or an allied health degree like audiology.

But if you want to be a doctor this is all a bit irrelevant; why would you decide to not apply after two applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might! I am not quite sure at this point. And thank you for the advice.
Reply 5
Original post by A5ko
A bit of home surgery would look fantastic on your C.V.

Whats home surgery?
biomedical engineering? You might even decide you want to stay in that field
A straight Biology or Chemistry degree perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Bloom77
A straight Biology or Chemistry degree perhaps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending