The Student Room Group

Leeds uni - Missed grades and leniency?

Hi, I know the answer to this question relies on many different factors but I just want to know if I should keep any sort of hope for a place at this university with the grades I'm more likely to get in comparison to the offer made. I'm fully willing to accept my insurance choice should the answer be basically 'no chance.'
Originally, I was predicted ABB but was made an offer of AAB for a joint English Lit. and French course with A in English and French.
During the exam season, I became quite ill which prevented me from doing my English retake and not as well as I should in later exams. Therefore I'm seeing it to be more likely I would achieve a C or B in this subject and B in French (According to my teachers) with an A in another subject so getting ABB or ABC. Should I just give up on this uni and just hope for my insurance choice to come through of ABC/BBB?
Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ellie96
Hi, I know the answer to this question relies on many different factors but I just want to know if I should keep any sort of hope for a place at this university with the grades I'm more likely to get in comparison to the offer made. I'm fully willing to accept my insurance choice should the answer be basically 'no chance.'
Originally, I was predicted ABB but was made an offer of AAB for a joint English Lit. and French course with A in English and French.
During the exam season, I became quite ill which prevented me from doing my English retake and not as well as I should in later exams. Therefore I'm seeing it to be more likely I would achieve a C or B in this subject and B in French (According to my teachers) with an A in another subject so getting ABB or ABC. Should I just give up on this uni and just hope for my insurance choice to come through of ABC/BBB?
Thanks!

This is all anyone can say:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3387419

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending