The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Now the Maths teachers are giving my brother A* predictions for GCSE Maths :laugh:
argh! i don't like predictions - one twice have they truly been right for me! --- seems like sometimes they pump it up or put it too down! ---

aah - silly teachers :rolleyes: hhe
Now, don't get me started on predictions :p:
you know you want to!!! let the rant begin! :wink:
*finger twitches*

Maybe later, when I have time and I feel bored :p:
ALICE is the worst of all predictions, but lets not go into that.

I think you can do any subject and get the top grade, provided that you have the right attitude and work ethic.
silent ninja
ALICE is the worst of all predictions, but lets not go into that.

I think you can do any subject and get the top grade, provided that you have the right attitude and work ethic.
It's ALIS, and yes, my teachers actually used that piece of **** for some of my predictions :rolleyes:. Hence the gap year...
Reply 27
We have 'predictions' made from our CAT score but we don't get those on our reports or anything. Mine are mostly B/C :p: . We get 'targets' which are generally one grade above what we get in our mocks.

It pisses me of a lot when people strut around saying 'I'm predicted eight As., I'm predicted an A in chemistry'. No your not, idiot, you're targeted those grades!

This is a bit of topic but I wonder if you maths lovers can help me out. It's to do with predictions/targets!

Right, in art you need 97% in the to get an A*. The coursework is 60% and the exam 40%.

In ceramics I got 90% in CW and I know my A* target is therefore impossible, because even even if the exam was worth 50% and I got 60/60 I wouldn't get it.

But, in graphics I got 96 in the CW and I don't know how to work out how much I'd need, or if it's even impossble to meet that skiy-high boundry. How do I work it out?

Cheers guys.
i was temporarily thinking of alice in wonderland there---

attitude [talking about commitement to work here!]+ revenge against teachers if my proposal when those predicted grades come out! :p:

aww -- okay then mustard-man -- maybe later -- :wink:
Reply 29
AisAis
We have 'predictions' made from our CAT score but we don't get those on our reports or anything. Mine are mostly B/C :p: . We get 'targets' which are generally one grade above what we get in our mocks.

It pisses me of a lot when people strut around saying 'I'm predicted eight As., I'm predicted an A in chemistry'. No your not, idiot, you're targeted those grades!

In my school, we only get out 'target' grades which are based on the CAT tests and previous performance. We don't get 'predicted' grades :s-smilie:
Reply 30
I got an A* at IGCSE Maths, and absbolutely hate Alev maths thus far.
Reply 31
I Would Like To Thank Mustard Man. I Have Chosen Maths.

Thank You Very Very Much
Reply 32
barry1200
I Would Like To Thank Mustard Man. I Have Chosen Maths.

Thank You Very Very Much
Oh no, what have I done?! :p:
Reply 34
I think our target grades are based on CATs too, although I don't see what I got in CATs has anything to do with my art grade. :/

Mine predict me a C in art :rolleyes:

Funnier still is the fact my art teacher has the CAT predictions next to our names in the registor.
punit
I got a B for GCSE mathematics, I got an A at AS and am being predicted an A at A2 and am doing Further Maths (self taught).

And like Katwin said its the effort you put as well, I actually do the homework for A-Level unlike at GCSE.

Self taught furtehr mathematics - wow fair play :smile:
Reply 36
plopSDCSDC
Self taught furtehr mathematics - wow fair play :smile:

I think lots of students self teach further maths, its a really good thing to put. You could also go ahead f your class, thats kinda self teaching :P

Latest

Trending

Trending