The Student Room Group

Best language to learn as a hobby?

So I never particularly found modern foreign languages that interesting in secondary school and didn't study one at GCSE nor A level, but I think it'd be quite nice now to learn one, even if only at a basic level. In your opinion, which language would be;

1 - The easiest to learn (in its likeness to English)
2 - The most useful (I'm planning to enter a financial sort of job)
3 - The 'coolest' (so to speak) xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Well, in terms of "easyness" (that's not a word is it? Oh well), you're stuck w/ your mfl French and Spanish, German is a wee bit harder.
Romance languages are the easiest. French would be the most useful out of them. Though for a financial job, German is more useful. But German is a bit harder.

What's cooler depends on which one you like... there is no point trying to learn a language you don't like though, you won't get very far. You should always study a language you are really interested in.
Programming :smile: Any of them, for they are the languages of the future (not to mention the fact that it's an invaluable skill to have in the financial markets).
Original post by ARotchell
So I never particularly found modern foreign languages that interesting in secondary school and didn't study one at GCSE nor A level, but I think it'd be quite nice now to learn one, even if only at a basic level. In your opinion, which language would be;

1 - The easiest to learn (in its likeness to English)
2 - The most useful (I'm planning to enter a financial sort of job)
3 - The 'coolest' (so to speak) xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd concentrate on a factor more important^

4. - the language you can practice cause you have many friends who speak it or travel to that country often. Real life communication is the best motivation to keep learning it after lesson 1 :wink: You have to decide which language that is yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending