The Student Room Group

Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha doing the nazi salute

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done Edward that's the spirit.
Murdoch hates the royals (because he feels he should be supreme ruler?), so this is part of his ongoing campaign against them.

It does make you wonder though, looking at that, where the prewar sympathies of our German royals really lay. They always pin the Nazi sympathies on Edward VIII, but perhaps it went further.
You can't really pin anything on the Queen herself, but it says something about the political views of the Royal Family at the time.

I can see why the Daily Mail has run an article largely critical of The Sun. It does has its own fascist past to brush under the carpet.
Reply 4
It's the tabloid media. What do you think? They print anything that'll get attention and boost sales, no matter how controversial it is.
Further proof that the Sun is nothing more than gutter press.
Original post by Quantex
You can't really pin anything on the Queen herself, but it says something about the political views of the Royal Family at the time.

I can see why the Daily Mail has run an article largely critical of The Sun. It does has its own fascist past to brush under the carpet.

Yes, it's comical to see the Mail trying to smear Murdoch with something that it did itself back in the 30s.

When you watch the video clip, there's something about the way the Queen Mother does the salute that suggests complete familiarity.
She was a CHILD OP, you ignorant twunt. And calling her 'German' shows you're racist. She's no more German than I am.

God, if this were the USA you'd be demanding Obama's birth certificate.
Original post by scott18044
Further proof that the Sun is nothing more than gutter press.

The person who said that The Sun should look closer to home about misjudgments (1989 after Hillsborough) had it spot on.

Andy Burnham must feel vindicated for deciding not to talk to the Sun if he becomes Labour leader.
Original post by gladders
She was a CHILD OP, you ignorant twunt. And calling her 'German' shows you're racist. She's no more German than I am.

God, if this were the USA you'd be demanding Obama's birth certificate.

you mad
Who actually cares?
This sheds a bad light on Edward, not Elizabeth.

Bit pointless really.
Wbo cares? Thought it was already commom knowledge that Edward liked the Nazis. Plus liking the Nazis in 1933 isnt exactly the same as liking them in 1942.

Its the communists we have to worry about.
No fan of the royal family but this is just bonkers.

To suggest that a 6/7 year old kid acting out something in front of a family cine camera is showing any political opinion is laughable.

Murdoch should be stripped of his ownership of media in this country.
Not because of this, but because he is a complete nutter.
i guess we all did crazy **** aged 6
Original post by the bear

Yeah, I can relate. I fell off the monkey bars at school when I was 6, and got the day off school because I was quite badly hurt as a result.
That is ridiculous. Next. :h:
I despise the royal family, the institution and in fact pretty much every symbol of entrenched privilege in this country, however this is more a reflection on Edward VIII than a six year old girl who had no idea what any of this meant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Showing her support for her family back in Germany.

Edward known nazi. This is old news.
Reply 19
Original post by the bear

We were not egged on by our parents and uncle!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending