The Student Room Group

How does one go about arranging to go to the cinema with friends?

I never really do these type of things but over the first week of my holiday ive been pretty bored and felt out of the loop with some of my friends so im thinking of asking a few if they want to goto the cinema with me? but how would i arrange tickets etc? can you buy tickets from the odeon straight for the counter/til?
Reply 1
Original post by scrawlx101
I never really do these type of things but over the first week of my holiday ive been pretty bored and felt out of the loop with some of my friends so im thinking of asking a few if they want to goto the cinema with me? but how would i arrange tickets etc? can you buy tickets from the odeon straight for the counter/til?

You could text them: "Would you like to go to the cinema" and if they agree, you can go to the cinema.

Oh come on. You just ask, pick a film, go and buy them on the day from the counter or book them online and collect on the day.
I don't really understand the social appeal of going to watch a film in silence, but to answer your question

you have to give Odeon precisely 7 hours and 16 minutes notice before you turn up and you must already know which seats you would like to sit in as well as your food orders as they won't be able to make it to order on the day.

Enjoy your social gathering.
Reply 4
/if you buy from the counter is it more expensive?
Reply 5
Original post by shezshez
I don't really understand the social appeal of going to watch a film in silence, but to answer your question

you have to give Odeon precisely 7 hours and 16 minutes notice before you turn up and you must already know which seats you would like to sit in as well as your food orders as they won't be able to make it to order on the day.

Enjoy your social gathering.

surely its not completley silent in a cinema?
"Hey, x film looks good, wanna go see it?"

If answer = Yes, you go to cinema
If anwer = No, cinema is kill
'hey guys :smile: saw the trailer for X and it looks good, i might go this week....wanna come?'
surely its not completley silent in a cinema?

People who have potentially paid upwards of a tenner to watch a film generally tend to frown upon people having chats. Feel free to occasionally make a quiet remark to your friends, but try and have an actual conversation and be prepared to face some serious tutting sounds and shushing. If a good ol' catch up is what you're after, a few drinks at the pub or a trip to Nandos would be better suited and probably cheaper than cinema tickets and snacks.

To answer your original question, you can buy tickets on the spot before the film or book online in advance. If you want to go and see a new release on a Friday/Saturday night, reserving tickets online as early as possible is recommended to avoid being stuck with terrible seats.

Quick Reply

Latest