The Student Room Group

Are my A-levels suitable for electrical engineering?

Hello!
I'm doing the following A-levels:

Maths
Further maths
Physics
Economics

Are these good A-level choices for a course in electrical engineering at university? BTW, I'm planning to drop economics at A2.
Reply 1
Original post by Timlong365
Hello!

Maths
Further maths
Physics
Economics

Are these good A-level choices for a course in electrical engineering at university? BTW, I'm planning to drop economics at A2.

Haven't you looked at the entry requirements on university websites? Each one may ask for something a little bit different.
Hello!

Maths
Further maths
Physics
Economics

Yep, those look perfect.
Well which ones would be better than maths physics and further maths? English literature?

:aetsch:
Of course they're ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something tells me you haven't done your research. Are you sure engineering is what you want to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

Maths
Further maths
Physics
Economics

screw econ, take electronics if you're college/sixth form does it. if not self teach
Short answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer: you could figure out the answer yourself very easily from uni course websites.
Reply 9
Thanks to everyone!
I've decided to screw econ and do:
Maths
further maths
physics
chemistry

(not that it would matter anyway) :smile:
Thanks to everyone!
I've decided to screw econ and do:
Maths
further maths
physics
chemistry

(not that it would matter anyway) :smile:

I would not advice chemistry its hard. I did this exact AS levels ans chemistry slowed me down in the others because I spend soo much time revising it, theres a lot of content
Reply 11
Original post by bigboateng
I would not advice chemistry its hard. I did this exact AS levels ans chemistry slowed me down in the others because I spend soo much time revising it, theres a lot of content

What are you planning on doing at uni?
What are you planning on doing at uni?

I applied to aerospace engineering. Initially wanted to do computer science but it crashed with FM, thats why I chose chem. If you can do CS, I'll advice it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending