The Student Room Group

OASC lists (worth a look)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
July 15th for me :smile:
Reply 81
browning
I thought it would be a good idea to see who is on which OASC over the next few months. So add your date and name to the list and then we can swap tips etc

May 1st: J Cowley (b16a2 [Pilot])
May 8th: Browning(Regiment), Andy (norm29 [ATC, Flt Ops])
May 15th: creightz1051
May 20th: Board*Star*Hayley
May 29th: Top_Cat
June 5th: Captainusa, Starfish88,
June 17th: t_sooty
June 26th: Yoof the Fifer (WSOp), Anonystude
July 1st: Theo1977
July 15: MrFibble

July 29th: AyshC
Reply 82
October 7th - Theo1977. Woo-hoo!
Reply 83
hey, theo.

passed my AFCO filter interview a week ago and was told i'd be heading to OASC october time, still waiting for the letter. Hopefully ill see you on the 7th. how you feeling? you well underway with your prep.?

matt
Reply 84
Hi Matt!

My prep isn't going too badly - my original date for OASC was cancelled three weeks before I was due to go, so I was fairly far on already - still lots to do, though! How about you?

I believe you'll have to wait for your GP to send in your records before you get a date (I could be wrong, but I think that's the new order), so if you get any bits and bobs to pass on to your GP, it would be worth doing it ASAP, in case it holds up the process.

What are you applying for?
Reply 85
well my first choice is pilot, same as most other tom dick and harry's applying. if ya dont try, you'll never know. Fighter control is my second. Still waiting on this letter, getting a little worried it's never gonna come. They didn't say anything regarding Gp testing at AFCO, think i'll look in to that cheeres.

Prep is kinda just starting really, been concentrating on getting as fit as possible and started doing some planning ex. that i found on here... harder than they look but still got a couple of months. so have you been to oasc before? what you recon my chances are of pilot without a degree? hmmm

hope your well.
Reply 86
Hi Matt

If a degree was a requirement, it would be a requirement - so I think as long as you have the qualities they're looking for, and a CV full of lots of other lovely activities, I wouldn't worry about the fact that you didn't have one! If pilot's what you want, that's the one to go for!

Planning exercises are a nightmare - I found it very helpful to do some with a friend, and then compare our results, before comparing them with the answers - it gave you more of the thought process than would otherwise be apparent. It's hard to find many to practice with, though!

Any word on your date yet? I have a friend who went through her filter almost a month ago, and hasn't heard yet, so I wouldn't panic just yet!
Reply 87
September 11th for me, going for WSOp. Can't wait. Hopefully what i took away from my first bash at OASC is going to really help this time around.
Hey how long from getting the 'we're looking at your application card' to getting given your date Mark 1010??
Reply 89
InaSpin
Hey how long from getting the 'we're looking at your application card' to getting given your date Mark 1010??

Long story, but initially the whole process was really quick! Not sure on exact dates but I had my filter interview in early April, a letter dated the 13th April saying i need to send my medical records off, and had a date to go to OASC at the start of June!

Unfortunately i'd started a new job and couldn't get time off that quick and so had to ask for a new date.
oh ok thanks anyway... just wondering how long its going to take for me to get a date, they've received my papers.
Reply 91
InaSpin
oh ok thanks anyway... just wondering how long its going to take for me to get a date, they've received my papers.

Maybe it depends on what you are applying for and how short they are? I know WSOps are in short supply so maybe that is why mine was very quick.
InaSpin

I hear they're looking at October boards now as the other ones are full.
BH,
I asked Mrs Bowman when I rang in this morning and she said the earliest boards available are currently late Oct/early Nov. They are short staffed and so the process is taking longer than usual.

mark1010
Maybe it depends on what you are applying for and how short they are? I know WSOps are in short supply so maybe that is why mine was very quick.

I think everything is currently in short supply...
Better than it was a couple of years ago though, you'd wait four months for a board.

October is only a couple of months away, which will fly by for you.

I noticed that you posted about IOT figures, just some gen that 150 has been the projected target for a long time now.
Yeh I only heard it for sure last week. I know there had been talk about it but didn't think it was feasible due to the fact 30 odd at least would have to be recoursed to fit into CHOM and the it would be more each course as there would be recoursees (?!) from the course before, unless they are going to continue to use No.1 mess for longer? It is necessary though I feel, as every branch is in demand. Will be interesting to see how it pans out!
Im waiting for a OASC date aswell.Filter was about 3 weeks past.So your not alone mattraf.
Reply 97
How many OASC's and IOTs are there per year or does it vary?
There are 2 boards each week - one starting on Sunday, the other on Tuesday IIRC. I would imagine that there wouldn't be the first board if there was a bank holiday! Some boards are bursary/scholarship boards as well I believe
InaSpin
There are 2 boards each week - one starting on Sunday, the other on Tuesday IIRC. I would imagine that there wouldn't be the first board if there was a bank holiday! Some boards are bursary/scholarship boards as well I believe

Some boards are mixed, as mine was. There were people applying for Scholarships etc as well as DE's.

Quick Reply

Latest