The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

What accommodation did you get offered?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanXx
Thanks, that would be a last resort. I'll try my best to make it work. Perhaps get a part time job. The only reason I'm worried is the fact I'm from Northern Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh! I'm sure you can ask around but good luck!
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by derbylicious
what is the nearest off campus accommodation to Colchester campus?

There are lots of off campus student houses to rent near to campus, the largest area is probably Greenstead which is about a 15-20 minute walk onto campus so most students opt to live there if choosing to live off campus! Student Lets (the letting agency on campus aimed at students) deal with most student houses around campus so contacting them would be your best bet for more information!

^Jess
Wolfson court :frown:

Not too happy about that tbh; especially cause it says "available for EDGE Hotel School students only" on the website.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sapphire20
I've opted to live off-campus in 1st year eeek...I'm slightly older and live hundreds of miles from Essex, it's called
Avon Way which is nearer the town centre. Hoping it's alright!! :s-smilie: Kind of kicking myself I didn't choose on-campus when I realised how awesome the campus facilities were.

Hi! I'm a current student at the university and I was living in Avon way last year :smile: it's really nice there and is only a 15 minute walk from the campus! However if you wanted to change to university accommodation it's not too late (you just won't be guaranteed it) if you contact the accommodation team they'll be happy to help and advise you.
If you've got any questions about Avon way or changing your accommodation application I'd be happy to help :smile:
^Shannon
Original post by SeanXx
Thanks, that would be a last resort. I'll try my best to make it work. Perhaps get a part time job. The only reason I'm worried is the fact I'm from Northern Ireland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sean, just to let you know there are lots of jobs on and off campus. Applications for student ambassador will open during the welcome week and there is also going to be a workshop in week 3 about finding part time work and writing applications :smile:
^Shannon
Reply 25
Im in Tansley block 7
Original post by koeytin
Sainty Quay! Anyone else? :smile:

Hiya! I'm in sainty quays as well! I'm 5.8 wbu?☺️
Original post by BadAtRevising
Sainty Quay Also :redface:

I'm in sainty quays as well! I'm 5.8 wbu?☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending