The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Environmental Sciences at OU

Hey folks!

I'm interested in hearing from people that have/are undertaking the Environmental Sciences Degree through Open University.
I'm very interested in taking this course, but, as I have done any real studies in over a decade, I'm a little worried. I completed the Access. Module in Science, Maths, and Technology this year, they awarded me a distinction. However, I'm sure getting stuck into the real course ain't going to be so easy.

If anyone has any info or insights of their experience doing a similar course, please let me know. I'm hoping to get registered soon.

Cheers..
Hey,

Ok so I haven't studied environmental science but nearly finished biology/chemistry and some of your first modules are the same as what I did...

It's a daunting thing to embark on the degree but you will soon get into it, the level 1 modules are designed for people who are new(ish) to study and they start off relativity easy but ramp up.

The first module you will do which I think is U116 is apparently really easy.. The other one will be S104, now that's difficult but a massive sense of achievement after it and you will learn so much ready for level 2

-------------------------------------------
If I help at all, please press the thumbs up :-)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
I'm about to complete the first year of the Natural Sciences degree with the UO, and planning on continuing at level 2 with Environmental Science and some biology modules. I really enjoyed S104 which is one of the compulsory science modules you will have to do, it covers a lot of information and gives you a good base of understanding of the various fields of science.

Prior to taking this course I hadn't even completed GCSE's, I dropped out of school when I was 15 (and moved countries), but I have managed to do quite well and actually surprised myself. I obviously had to work a little bit harder to get a lot of the concepts that most people will already have an understanding of but yea, you should go for it. If you already got a distinction with the access module I'm sure you will do pretty well, good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest