The Student Room Group

What should you do when...

...someone laughs everytime you walk past them? And they look all smug-ish? Yet when you talk to them they're all :smile: and they are MALE. MALE I repeat. And I am also male. I never knew there were boys so catty.

He's going out with a girl I once liked. Compared to my social group, he barely exists. Yet I am his #1 enemy? And I don't mean to sound rude or big-headed, but he's very selective of his friends and thinks he's superior. And because I don't share his interests (computers, books, jokes about people), I don't really hang around with him or talk to him so he just laughs whenever I walk past?

What would you do? I usually brush it off because he really is non-existent except for that 1 minute occasionally, but it's starting to get annoying. Why are people dishonest?

Any clues? How to make this loser realise he really is no one to me? I don't even look at him or anything. :s-smilie:
Reply 1
go out with a gurl he once liked...
nah...on a more serious note...just ignore it completely...there are so many better and more important things to be bothered about...
Reply 2
I know I shoudn't be bothered, but I am because I used to go out with their lot on the weekends from time to time, and they all hated me anyway but kept inviting me to ridicule me. And now I've got new friends, improved my physique, started looking better and all I get is nasty looks and laughs, but I always ignore it and keep walking confidently but it's starting to bother me because he's only just started doing it about 2 months ago.

How would you react to this?
Reply 3
Just talk to him - ask him what his problem is.
Reply 4
Ignore him. He is jealous. I f this is what it takes for him to feel better about himself so be it. Or just ask him flat out whats so funny
Reply 5
Don't take the bait, just ignore it! He just wants your attention so he can look big infront of his friends ._.
Id have to go with the talk to him and ask him what his prob is option..but dont let him see ur at all annoyed, just stay calm and cool the whle time even if your not.
Ignore him, he probably only does it to get a reaction. Try and rise above it.
Reply 8
The thing is, I do rise above it. I never show a reaction. I just walk by because his opinion of me isn't important to me. I just don't like how he tries to belittle me when he has no right to, since he did it for 5 years already, and now I thought I'd finally shown him and his mates the message that I'm more mature than that, but he's recently started this. And I wouldn't know what to say and stay cool at the same time. What an annoying ba*tard!
Reply 9
hayles101
Id have to go with the talk to him and ask him what his prob is option..but dont let him see ur at all annoyed, just stay calm and cool the whle time even if your not.

yeah exactly. I wouldn't say confront him, but I know it sounds silly, but try to have mature conversation with him. If he can't carry such a conversation, you know you shouldn't give a crap what he thinks. :yy:
Reply 10
Next time he does it, stop walking, give him an appraising but completely non-threatening look and just stand there looking at him waiting for him to say something. Chances are he has nothing to say but thinks it's funny that he feels he stole a girl off you. If he doesn't reply, say something to the effect of "That's so weird, I could've sworn you had something to say to me." Typical, I know, but if ignoring him doesn't work, being confrontationally non-threatening might.

(I say this because, if it were me, I'd probably just knife 'em.)
Reply 11
could it be that he looks smug and is laughing because he has the girl that you liked. So she chose him over you, hence the smugness. Just find a girl who's prettier than her!

Latest

Trending

Trending