The Student Room Group

Are these grades good going into to GCSE?

The list below are the subjects I have picked:

English 6A
Science 6C
ICT 6A
French 6C
Geography 6A
Maths 8C
Yeah, they're good.
Reply 2
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Yeah, they're good.

If you look at my science grade it is 6C right, would it be possible for me to do triple science next year because I heard apparently many people who are doing triple science are dropping out because they find it too hard. Therefore would there be any place for me. I am worried my science grade is low
Original post by Reagan2001
If you look at my science grade it is 6C right, would it be possible for me to do triple science next year because I heard apparently many people who are doing triple science are dropping out because they find it too hard. Therefore would there be any place for me. I am worried my science grade is low

Yes, triple science isn't hard at all
I was always an underachiever before year 11
And I came out with all A*s in my sciences
So it is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by spiritless98
Yes, triple science isn't hard at all
I was always an underachiever before year 11
And I came out with all A*s in my sciences
So it is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
What level did you get in year 9 going into GCSE because I am desperate for all A* in my sciences
What level did you get in year 9 going into GCSE because I am desperate for all A* in my sciences

I'm clueless, I can't even remember
But I think it was a 6B
Not sure tho
You can surely do triple science it's nothing in comparison to A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well my science grade wasn't too high either, around 6C/6B/6A, and now I'm hoping to get 3 A*'s in Bio, Chem and Phys. Why did I say that? Well it doesn't really matter too much about the grade you have at this point and, personally, I think that a 6C should suffice!

However, the thing about doing Triple Science is that you need to be willing to dedicate time to revision and enjoy doing, it considering that's what got me through the revision to begin with. Judging by the rest of your grades, you seem pretty intelligent, so If you're willing to spend a good amount of time revising, then I don't see why you shouldn't do Triple Science at all. Doing some revision before school starts will be incredibly advantageous for you if you're serious about doing Triple Science also.

So, as a wise man once said: "JUST DO IT!"
Reply 7
The list below are the subjects I have picked:

6A
6C
6A
6C
6A
8C

Uh oh. This is what the grading at GCSEs will be like in a few years.
Reply 8
you actually care about grades before GCSE years...
Don't worry about it. I suggest talking to your teacher about this new reforms.

Quick Reply

Latest