The Student Room Group

advice needed

hi i have been with my boyfriend for nearly 8 years now he is 30 and i am 22 years old my problem is i have put up with seeing him only on a weekend and only him phoning me on a weekend for the past 8 years but now i am having a real problem getting him to move out with me or have my baby or even get married which he asked me to do 6 years ago, he always keeps putting it off everytime i ask him to move pout with me he just says wait untill i leave college which i have no problem with except now he has just bought his mums house with her and he is now tied to his mum for the next 5 years i have gone round this all in my head and the only thing i can think of is he is seeing someone else but i cant see him doing that what can i do to sort this mess out please help?
Reply 1
Hmm, the only thing you can really do is talk to him about it. He needs to realize you are running out of patience, and that he cannot keep promising something he is not willing to keep. :smile:
Reply 2
have tried talking to him about it and all i get is wait untill you finish college about everything he wont even make any plans
Reply 3
doodygirl
have tried talking to him about it and all i get is wait untill you finish college about everything he wont even make any plans

Although you cannot actually force him to do anything, he really needs to understand how upsetting it is for you. Have you explained to him that you want to live with him, and it really upsets you when he dismisses it with a simple "when you leave college" comment?

You have had talks with him, but it sounds to me he just likes to run away from it with a simple "later" answer, which is why he really needs to accept he cannot run away from it.

If you do not sort it out soon, then i suggest you tell him that he needs to start taking things seriously before your patience finally does run out. If he does love you then he should have the sense to plan something. :smile:
Reply 4
After 8 years I think he would be ready to commit! Especially at 30! I'd be suspicious about other women if I were you.

He was 22 and you were 14 when you started going out? You know that was illegal right!
Reply 5
Talya
After 8 years I think he would be ready to commit! Especially at 30! I'd be suspicious about other women if I were you.

He was 22 and you were 14 when you started going out? You know that was illegal right!

ye he was 22 and i was 15 but he didnt know he thought i was 16 all my mates told him that i never really had any need to tell him but i did tell him when i was 16 any way

Latest

Trending

Trending