The Student Room Group

Year 12 ! What are your plans for uni? (2016 entry)

**Got inspiration from 'Guymd's thread'; quick shout out to you! :bigsmile:**

I noticed there wasn't a thread for the current year 12s (i.e. class of 2016) and their university plans so I decided to create one!:smile:

Possible questions to discuss:

Current A levels and which are you dropping for A2?
Which universities do you plan on applying to; what course?

Also: :yy: good luck everyone for results day next month! :zomg:

Scroll to see replies

First of all, why is this in the motoring section?

Second of all

English Lit, Maths, Bio, History - I don't know what I want to drop yet, it's between English and Biology though.

University of Kent, University of Southampton, Manchester University, University of Exeter and maybe RHUL
Politics and International Relations (Hopefully with a year abroad to Hong Kong :biggrin: )
Reply 2
My A levels are: maths, further maths, chemistry, physics. I'm hopefully going to drop chemistry at A2 (God willing)

I'm planning on applying to at the very least: Warwick, LSE, Bath and then 2 others regardless of my grades. If I get rejected by all 3 I'm more than happy to re-apply next year with A levels in hand:smile: and yourself?
Original post by Valyrian
First of all, why is this in the motoring section?

Second of all

English Lit, Maths, Bio, History - I don't know what I want to drop yet, it's between English and Biology though.

University of Kent, University of Southampton, Manchester University, University of Exeter and maybe RHUL
Politics and International Relations (Hopefully with a year abroad to Hong Kong :biggrin: )

OOps, must've pressed a wrong button:tongue: (is there anyway to change this? haha)

And omg your choices sound so interesting! A friend of mine wants to go into politics solely and another friend wants to go into international relations haha
Original post by Asurat
My A levels are: maths, further maths, chemistry, physics. I'm hopefully going to drop chemistry at A2 (God willing)

I'm planning on applying to at the very least: Warwick, LSE, Bath and then 2 others regardless of my grades. If I get rejected by all 3 I'm more than happy to re-apply next year with A levels in hand:smile: and yourself?

Currently, I'm studying Bio, Chem, Maths and French (but i'm planning on dropping french in A2)

I'd like to apply to Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and QMUL :biggrin:
Original post by confusedkid18
Currently, I'm studying Bio, Chem, Maths and French (but i'm planning on dropping french in A2)

I'd like to apply to Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and QMUL :biggrin:

I do the same subjects :biggrin: (plus arabic)
Want to study dentistry (grade permitting)
applying to kings ,barts, bristol and maybe plymouth
Original post by yasmin#2
I do the same subjects :biggrin: (plus arabic)
Want to study dentistry (grade permitting)
applying to kings ,barts, bristol and maybe plymouth

No way, me too! Good luck with everything all the same:h:
Reply 7
chemistry at leeds :redface:
Original post by weeknd
chemistry at leeds :redface:

Niice, I hear Leeds is hard to get into? :colondollar:
Did psychology, biology, chemistry and history for my As's and want to drop either psychology or chemistry in September (I have absolutely no clue what my grades are going to be like though - super scared of results day!!)

Would love love love to go to UoB to study Nursing, will also be applying for child nursing at Nottingham, Cardiff, Southampton and one other that I've yet to decide on :smile:

Anyone else super excited even though there's ages to wait yet?'
Original post by Porcupayne
Biology, chemistry, psychology, and history.
Dropping history for A2 (absolutely hate it)..

Want to study psychology and neuroscience.. hopefully at Leicester ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

What an interesting combo of A levels! (wish i coulda take psych but I'm not a fan of essays haha)
What an interesting combo of A levels! (wish i coulda take psych but I'm not a fan of essays haha)

Haha yeah, I just chose the subjects I enjoy...
Psychology doesn't really require specific a levels, although I really like the scientific aspects of it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Current A-levels:
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry

Applying to Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, UCL and KCL for Maths.

Tempted to do a cheeky pull-out of chemistry when (if) I get my offers, dat stuff's 'ard. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StrangeBanana
Current A-levels:
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry

Applying to Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, UCL and KCL for Maths.

Tempted to do a cheeky pull-out of chemistry when (if) I get my offers, dat stuff's 'ard. :frown:

Oof, Maths at Cambridge? Very competitive (which course isn't tbh :u:); nevertheless, good luck!:h:
chemistry, psychology, maths and biology, I want to drop biology. I want to apply for chemistry however I'm not sure which uni yet, preferably one outside of London as I would like to move out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I do Geography, Psychology, English lit and Biology and hopefully dropping Biology👍🏻 as for university I want to go into primary school teaching if anyone has any suggestions for unis in this area, they would be greatly appreciated☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
**Got inspiration from 'Guymd's thread'; quick shout out to you! :bigsmile:**

I noticed there wasn't a thread for the current year 12s (i.e. class of 2016) and their university plans so I decided to create one!:smile:

Possible questions to discuss:

Also: :yy: good luck everyone for results day next month! :zomg:

Current A Levels: Maths, French, History, English Language and Biology (I know, a weird mix......)
I'm hoping to drop Biology next year because I don't like it as much as the others, but if I get a lot higher in biology than another one then I might just carry on with biology instead and drop the one I didn't do as well in.

I'm hoping to study Law at maybe Durham, Bristol, Warwick, LSE or Oxford, I just want to get in somewhere, any of those 5 and I would be over the moon
Original post by bubblegumcat
chemistry, psychology, maths and biology, I want to drop biology. I want to apply for chemistry however I'm not sure which uni yet, preferably one outside of London as I would like to move out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo, biased of me to suggest but I think Liverpool Uni is pretty good, plus the city is fab! (I live here so):h:
Original post by Jessrjh
I do Geography, Psychology, English lit and Biology and hopefully dropping Biology👍🏻 as for university I want to go into primary school teaching if anyone has any suggestions for unis in this area, they would be greatly appreciated☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which area(s) are you suggesting?
Original post by LoveToArgue
Current A Levels: Maths, French, History, English Language and Biology (I know, a weird mix......)
I'm hoping to drop Biology next year because I don't like it as much as the others, but if I get a lot higher in biology than another one then I might just carry on with biology instead and drop the one I didn't do as well in.

I'm hoping to study Law at maybe Durham, Bristol, Warwick, LSE or Oxford, I just want to get in somewhere, any of those 5 and I would be over the moon

I'm feeling the same as you tbh! I just want to go into a university, let alone a specific one..!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest