The Student Room Group

32 year old, first year OT student going to BRUNEL UNI uxbridge area

Pretty much as described.

I'm a first year occupational therapy student looking for 'mature' students, i'm not going to discount you if your young as long as your mature. i.e. i'm past my party phase and more into a chill out at home with a couple mates phase.

I am a very easygoing fairly typical geeky/arty guy.

Basically i'm looking for easy going, laidback guys and girls like myself who are still mature enough to respect each other i.e. noise, personal space, washing dishes, cleaning rotas/system or whatever. [Basically what everyone is looking for in a flat mate!]

I was in a student house a long time ago that had cockroaches when we moved in which is not nice. So regular light cleaning to stop pests and smells in the kitchen and bathroom etc. I think you all know what i'm talking about anyway so it's not that important.

Societies I will likely be joining at Brunel:

most gaming ones, LGBT, anime, persian [will probably lose interest in this one though.]

I got pretty standard interests for a guy who's first degree was in fine art.

arthouse movies, alternative music, folk music, world music, acoustic [i could go on for days on music], anime, board games, card games, computer games, geek games, drawing, painting and all that arty jazz.

I have diet restrictions so probably won't be able to share food so much but I have access to wholesalers [makro and costco] so we can save money that way. If you have gluten intolerance or anything like that let me know.

If you have any questions about anything i've written then go for it.

Oh hey i'd like a decent sized room but we can make the smaller rooms cheaper so people that want smaller, cheaper rooms have that option.

Let me know your room preference and we can find a house with the right sizes or as close as possible. I'm seeing plenty of houses just with double rooms.

Also I haven't rented in a while, can we still rent out the lounge to drop the price? Tell me your thoughts on this. Cheers.

I think that's pretty much it. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Eskimo_Rising,

Glad to hear that you're joining Brunel in September - I'm sure you'll have a great time.

To help with your housemate search you can get in contact with our Housing Office - they can offer assistance with finding a house in the area, matching you up with others looking for rooms and providing advice as well.

Their website (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/services/accommodation/living-off-campus) has all the information and their contact details.

Good luck with the search and don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any other questions:smile:

- Gemma
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Brunel University London
Hi Eskimo_Rising,

Glad to hear that you're joining Brunel in September - I'm sure you'll have a great time.

To help with your housemate search you can get in contact with our Housing Office - they can offer assistance with finding a house in the area, matching you up with others looking for rooms and providing advice as well.

Their website (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/services/accommodation/living-off-campus) has all the information and their contact details.

Good luck with the search and don't hesitate to get in contact if you have any other questions:smile:

- Gemma

Amazing I will, I was wondering if something like this existed! Thank you for the heads up.
Original post by Brunel University London
Hi Eskimo_Rising,

- Gemma

Hi sorry to bother you again Gemma but i spoke to accommodation and they told me there is a website that needs a password where I can view students looking for housemates, I requested the password which they sent on its own with no information on where it's suppose to be used.

They also said a lot more people post on a notice board at the uni, so people are suppose to slog up there from outside london repeatedly? I'm not really impressed tbh.

Thank you for your huge help though. x
Hi Eskimo_Rising,

Sorry to hear about your problem with the office- I've had a look on the website and I think the site you're looking for is this one: http://www.brunelstudentpad.co.uk/Students.

You can look through vacancies and find others looking for housing on there.

Hope this is helpful but if you need any other help, let us know :smile:
- Gemma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending