The Student Room Group

Did i do anything wrong.

A while ago i have been speaking to some user on here and he is a Muslim whilst i am a Christian(not sure if relevant) and we have stopped talking now but before that he asked me for my Skype and phone number which i kindly refused by giving an excuse which was justified imo.
He also asked for my name which i also kindly refused, i mean eventhough i have been talking to him on here, how do i know he is truly what he says he is and i have never seen him in pictures let alone in real life.

Anyway, during my convos with him i have never stated that i was a female because i never displayed my sexuality on here until recent and that is when he found out. He questioned me about it and i said that i was a female but never displayed my sexuality and he replied by saying "lmao, i thought i was talking to a male"

I do feel bad for not stating that i was a female but my replies in our convo never suggested anything about my sexuality so he must have thought i was a male.

We have never exchanged identities because i tend to be weary of people online, so i guess it does not mean much anyway?

Our convos were nothing special but just the norm like "how old are you, what do you study, what do you like type of things.

So, anything anyone, i guess i should have displayed my sexuality beforehand?

Btw i am 17 and he is 19, and there is no relationship going on but just want advice on how to start the convo again with him?
'Hi'
No, you didn't do anything wrong! It is your choice whether you reveal personal information online. If you wish to start another conversation with him, try explaining why you didn't reveal you were a female and if he still wishes to not chat then i recommend you should find another buddy to chat too.
Reply 3
Original post by MasonOtaku
No, you didn't do anything wrong! It is your choice whether you reveal personal information online. If you wish to start another conversation with him, try explaining why you didn't reveal you were a female and if he still wishes to not chat then i recommend you should find another buddy to chat too.

But i guess starting a convo with him again will be akward and he was like the fist person i spoke to on tsr, not that it truly matters.
You've done nothing wrong, from what I've read.
If you want to start talking to him again, just PM him and say hi :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AlmostNotable
'Hi'

What do you think about the situation?
Reply 6
There are no rules on online relationships except one stay safe. So no you did nothing wrong.
Reply 7
Original post by prettyreckless13
You've done nothing wrong, from what I've read.
If you want to start talking to him again, just PM him and say hi :smile:

A while ago i was the last one to message him and since then nothing happened so if i was to PM him again it would be akward.

He probably thinks something must be wring since i declined giving him my Skype, phone number and name?
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think about the situation?

You are overthinking this. If he feels deceived, which he shouldn't, just find someone else to talk to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mancini
There are no rules on online relationships except one stay safe. So no you did nothing wrong.

Ok.:smile:
Original post by AlmostNotable
You are overthinking this. If he feels deceived, which he shouldn't, just find someone else to talk to.

I guess i will have to do that.
Original post by Anonymous
But i guess starting a convo with him again will be akward and he was like the fist person i spoke to on tsr, not that it truly matters.

I'm sure it'll be fine! He's not worth your time if he judges you for being a girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending