The Student Room Group

Have you been given summer work?

Hello everyone, have you guys been given summer work to complete, be it A-Level, GCSE or other?

Scroll to see replies

Not really, a bit of homework. I'm doing a level. Do you have much work to do over the summer?
Yeah got some History homework but I don't know where I put it :lol:
Yes 😒 been given a lot of A2 projects but I have no intention of doing it them until I know my results because if I fail and I'd done the projects I'd be annoyed to say the least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I haven't been given anything and I'm going to start A-levels. Am I the only one that doesn't have work?
So I'm just doing my own research
Reply 5
I have some chemistry, politics, maths and economics which needs to be handed in when I start my AS's this September. Unfortunately I have a lot but I am doing it now so that I do not have to worry about it at the last minute.
Original post by aamirac
I haven't been given anything and I'm going to start A-levels. Am I the only one that doesn't have work?

I didn't have work for AS until I enrolled and then they gave me work, it might be the same for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have maths C3 differentiation hw
And some physics hw which i wount do until after results day when i drop physics haha
Reply 8
Is maths AS extremely difficult, or bearable (i'm around high B/low A at gcse level).
yep and i done it all last week like a BOSS so now i can relax/revise at my own pace/do my PS
I've got to read Othello (I'm on Act 3 at the moment), carry on my wider reading for English Literature, possibly do a bit of reading for my History coursework on Thatcher, and read a chapter in my Philosophy book for Religious Language. I was supposed to have an Othello booklet to do, but the teacher that set it forgot to give it to my other English teacher. Oh well :dontknow: I won't complain.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I didn't have work for AS until I enrolled and then they gave me work, it might be the same for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah my school aren't known to do that so the only work I'll get is homework in September.
Original post by aamirac

I didn't have anything at all when I was starting my ASs, they just said 'Yeah, you can do these subjects' and then nothing else until my first day back.
I've got a whole bunch of stuff lined up over the summer...

- Web-design placement w/ accompanying written report
- A2 Physics research project
- Personal statement (we get chocolate if we have a draft done by September :smile:)
- EPQ (nope.)

Plus my 12 hours a week at Sainsbury's that I picked up a fortnight ago

It is not a relaxing 6 weeks for me...
At my sixth form, every subject has a 'transition task' to allow people to prepare for A levels. They also help bridge the gap. I'm not complaining because, hopefully, they shouldn't take too long.
Reply 15
Yeah I have homework for all of my subjects
Original post by metaljoe
Hello everyone, have you guys been given summer work to complete, be it A-Level, GCSE or other?

Hi :biggrin: I have! I've just finished my AS year and over the summer I've got to collect sources to use for my A2 Film Studies coursework. I'm not doing it until after results day though because I think I might have failed again this year :frown:
Yep. Psychology and law im just hoping they forget by September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by metaljoe

I'm starting A2 in September and I have been given some work.

I've been given quite a few problems to work through for maths, but I'm hoping to revise through all of C3 before September to put myself ahead, with less work to do. Lots of exam questions for geography and some chapters to take notes on for biology. I'm hopefully dropping chemistry but I need to organise my notes again because I'm expecting to have to resit some modules.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I have maths C3 differentiation hw
And some physics hw which i wount do until after results day when i drop physics haha

Is physics that bad? 😂😂😂
Should I do it as a 5th AS alongside fm, maths, bio, chem?

Quick Reply

Latest