The Student Room Group

Have I Pulled My Muscle or is it Sore?

Hello.
I have started to go to the gym and yesterday was my second session with weights at the gym.
However after the session ( I stopped due to muscle failure in my arms) my arms have been hurting so much that I cannot move my arms fully and when I sleep on my side it hurts. I would like to know if I have pulled my muscle and if so, how to cure it as quick as possible or if my muscle is sore so I can get back to the gym as quick as possible.
Many Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go see a chiropractor, mate.
Reply 2
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Hello.
I have started to go to the gym and yesterday was my second session with weights at the gym.
However after the session ( I stopped due to muscle failure in my arms) my arms have been hurting so much that I cannot move my arms fully and when I sleep on my side it hurts. I would like to know if I have pulled my muscle and if so, how to cure it as quick as possible or if my muscle is sore so I can get back to the gym as quick as possible.
Many Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Youre pushed too far in your first session. Coincidentally, i also started yesterday. A little soreness is normal, but you sound like you went a bit too far for beginner. Did you stretch/warm up before and after??. I would advice staying away from the weights until your muscles have had a chance to recover..
Original post by Ruyshi
Youre pushed too far in your first session. Coincidentally, i also started yesterday. A little soreness is normal, but you sound like you went a bit too far for beginner. Did you stretch/warm up before and after??. I would advice staying away from the weights until your muscles have had a chance to recover..

No I did not stretch but I did warm up. I'll stick to cardio for now but how long of a break do you think I should take before my muscle is repaired? And I still do not know if it is pulled or just sore and the soreness will repair sooner than later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by The1AndOnly1
No I did not stretch but I did warm up. I'll stick to cardio for now but how long of a break do you think I should take before my muscle is repaired? And I still do not know if it is pulled or just sore and the soreness will repair sooner than later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

very big mistake not stretching.. if the pain is unbearable, maybe visit the hospital, otherwise, rest should do the trick whether it's a pull or tear or just sore. Maybe also try icing the area for some minutes each day.. can help with pain and inflammation if any is present..
Original post by Ruyshi
very big mistake not stretching.. if the pain is unbearable, maybe visit the hospital, otherwise, rest should do the trick whether it's a pull or tear or just sore. Maybe also try icing the area for some minutes each day.. can help with pain and inflammation if any is present..

The pain is not unbearable. I just cannot fully rotate my arms without feeling pain and my biceps feel a sharp pain when I move them up or down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruyshi

I promise I will stretch next time 😔😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest