The Student Room Group

Durham or Newcastle Or Aston or Strathclyde

Hello people
New at TSR. I have offers in BA Business Management from Aston, Strathclyde, Newcastle and Durham.
Which should I go for?
I know Durham is best rated but Aston and Strathclyde are famous for business courses.
Kindly help ppl.
Original post by nasirkhaan12
Hello people
New at TSR. I have offers in BA Business Management from Aston, Strathclyde, Newcastle and Durham.
Which should I go for?
I know Durham is best rated but Aston and Strathclyde are famous for business courses.
Kindly help ppl.

Hi, congrats on those offers!

Even though we aren't in your top 3 I'd be happy to help answer any questions about Newcastle :smile: Course information, student life, the city in general...

Our Business School is one of only 20 in the UK with triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA). 90% of our 2013 Business Management graduates were in employment or further education 6 months graduating. Details about our 2014 grads will be published soon, but you can see some info (like average graduate salary and some of the careers our grads go into) here http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/n200/careers/

There's some more info on our Business School here http://www.ncl.ac.uk/nubs/courses/ and you might find it helpful to read blogs written by current students.

Newcastle is regularly voted one of the best - if not the best - student cities in the UK. There's a big student population so there's always plenty going on. There's also a thriving arts and cultural scene, and the city has a lot of beautiful historical architecture. If I start going into detail I won't shut up so I'll just put this link here for now http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/newcastle/ If you want to know about anything specific let me know. If you end up at Durham we're only a 15 minute train ride away :smile:

All the best

Persephone
Reply 2
What about placement years? Their avg. salary?
And why should one chose Newcastle over Durham ?
What about placement years? Their avg. salary?
And why should one chose Newcastle over Durham ?

Hi again :smile:

There's some extra info about work placements on the Business School website here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/nubs/studentlife/boostemployment/12month/

You take a 12-month placement in the UK or overseas. Unlike Durham, we have a dedicated Placement Officer at our Business School. Last year she matched students with companies like IBM, Disney, Procter & Gamble, Nissan, Marks & Spencer, Unilever, Accenture, Cummins, GSK and Microsoft.

The average salary whilst on placement £16,000 and 100% of this year's graduates who did aplacement received a 1st or 2.1. Many of the students go on to be offered a graduate role. Out of our 63 Business Management BA students who graduated in 2013, 90% were in work, study or a combination of both 6 months after graduation.Of those in employment, 77% were in graduate-level jobs.£23,222 was the average salary of all of the graduates who supplied us with salary details.

On a personal note, I've lived in both Durham and Newcastle. I prefer Newcastle because there's a lot more going on, and the University is integrated into city life - there isn't a "town and gown" divide here. I find Newcastle easier to get around and you get more value for money in terms of rent and living costs.

Hope that helps :smile:

Persephone
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello people
Which should I go for?
Kindly help ppl.

Hi there,

Fantastic to hear you're considering studying with us. Rather than just throwing marketing statistics and webpages at you, i was wondering if you have any specific questions about Aston that i can help you with? I'm a 2014 graduate now working for the university and a Birmingham local. So i should be able to answer most things you can throw at me.

Good luck making such an important decision.

Josh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending