The Student Room Group

Feeling faint

When I woke up this morning I felt very dizzy/light headed when I stood up. I almost blacked out, and had to sit down. I'm not sure why. I ate well yesterday I slept well. I did used to have anaemia a year ago so could it be that I am anaemic again? Don't understand what caused it. I ate straight after I felt dizzy and I'm okay now, but I'm scared it'll happen again. I also get tired easily. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow or the day after so I should know more about it.
Anyone have any idea of what might be causing it? x Thanks in advance.
I'm thinking iron defiency but again I'm no GP so good thing you're going to see one tomorrow
Reply 2
Original post by jedanselemyia
I'm thinking iron defiency but again I'm no GP so good thing you're going to see one tomorrow

Yeah. I know I need to eat more meat in general so it's most likely to be that :redface:
Did you have breakfast this morning? Is your sleep pattern consistent?
Reply 4
Original post by Blackshadow
Did you have breakfast this morning? Is your sleep pattern consistent?

Yeah I did I had an omelette in brown bread, a banana, coffee and water
Yeah I sleep at 3 am... wake up at 11 I'm still used to staying up for suhoor
Original post by arfah
When I woke up this morning I felt very dizzy/light headed when I stood up. I almost blacked out, and had to sit down. I'm not sure why. I ate well yesterday I slept well. I did used to have anaemia a year ago so could it be that I am anaemic again? Don't understand what caused it. I ate straight after I felt dizzy and I'm okay now, but I'm scared it'll happen again. I also get tired easily. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow or the day after so I should know more about it.

Postural hypotension - you stand up quickly, your blood pressure drops, you feel dizzy, you sit down, your body rights itself.

http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/orthostatic-hypotension

Yeah by all means visit your GP if you want to investigate the tiredness further - but the single episode you're describing from this morning sounds more like postural hypotension to me.
Original post by arfah

its to do with not getting enough oxygen sounds like iron deficiency and prob more likely it is since u had anaemia other symptoms could be lack of energy and looking paler then normal. Stress might of triggered it or also for women their periods. Go doctors and check it up , try eat fish meat and leafy dark vegetables as your iron amount might of reduced due to fasting earlier during ramadan.

:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Democracy
Postural hypotension - you stand up quickly, your blood pressure drops, you feel dizzy, you sit down, your body rights itself.

http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/orthostatic-hypotension

Yeah by all means visit your GP if you want to investigate the tiredness further - but the single episode you're describing from this morning sounds more like postural hypotension to me.

I don't think it was that. I also had shortness of breath for a while. I've fainted before, and it was pretty similar to that feeling before I fainted.
Reply 8
Original post by Pikachu94
its to do with not getting enough oxygen sounds like iron deficiency and prob more likely it is since u had anaemia other symptoms could be lack of energy and looking paler then normal. Stress might of triggered it or also for women their periods. Go doctors and check it up , try eat fish meat and leafy dark vegetables as your iron amount might of reduced due to fasting earlier during ramadan.

:smile:

I'll take the fish advice :biggrin: and yeah I think fasting might have effected my energy levels and stuff.
Original post by arfah
I'll take the fish advice :biggrin: and yeah I think fasting might have effected my energy levels and stuff.

LOL the fish :ahee:
Reply 10
Original post by arfah

I get this all the time but I'm neither anaemic nor do I have low blood pressure :dontknow:
Reply 11
It's called Post-Host-Hibernationary-Balance-Deficiency.

Whilst you slept, a small alien/newt creature made it's home in your head. It will remain until you have eaten enough sugar for it to become overwhelmed and leave.
Reply 12
Original post by RobML
I get this all the time but I'm neither anaemic nor do I have low blood pressure :dontknow:

Yeah but I used to be anemic and it was pretty bad this morning
Original post by A5ko
It's called Post-Host-Hibernationary-Balance-Deficiency.

Whilst you slept, a small alien/newt creature made it's home in your head. It will remain until you have eaten enough sugar for it to become overwhelmed and leave.

Sugar hmmm like energy drinks? :ahee:
Reply 13
Original post by arfah
Yeah but I used to be anemic and it was pretty bad this morning

Sugar hmmm like energy drinks? :ahee:

Have you ever had the symptoms you've described but with nausea too?
I had this a few times when I was in my mid teens. Once even resulted in my collapsing on the floor in a short blackout.

Fortunately these episodes were rare and they have entirely cleared up. Don't think I've had one for over 5 years.
Reply 15
Original post by RobML
Have you ever had the symptoms you've described but with nausea too?
yeah I do why??

Original post by Keyhofi
I had this a few times when I was in my mid teens. Once even resulted in my collapsing on the floor in a short blackout.

Fortunately these episodes were rare and they have entirely cleared up. Don't think I've had one for over 5 years.

I've fainted twice or three fimes on my life. That was when I was on holiday in Pakistan though. Because it was really hot.
Reply 16
Original post by arfah
yeah I do why??

I've sometimes felt the same after pushing myself too hard at the gym :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest