The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Adult Nursing September 2015 at Coventry Uni

Hey, I was just wondering who is starting Adult Nursing this September? I've been offered a place and will be living at home.
Reply 1
Hey, I've been offered a place to start in September too, excited and nervous at the same time. I'm also living at home worried about commuting in but sure it will work out. Did you attend to taster day?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jwallbankx
Hey, I was just wondering who is starting Adult Nursing this September? I've been offered a place and will be living at home.

I will be starting adult nursing in September too and will be staying at home as I live in Coventry. Does anyone know whether you can take friends that aren't attending the university out for freshers week? I hope so!
Reply 3
Hi I start my nursing in september, as far as I'm aware freshers is for students only. It is our induction week where we do 9-4 wed- Fri and 11-3 on tuesday. We also do our mandatory training.
Reply 4
Original post by Sezza85
Hey, I've been offered a place to start in September too, excited and nervous at the same time. I'm also living at home worried about commuting in but sure it will work out. Did you attend to taster day?

Same here! No, I didn't. Did you?
Reply 5
Original post by Smithp135
I will be starting adult nursing in September too and will be staying at home as I live in Coventry. Does anyone know whether you can take friends that aren't attending the university out for freshers week? I hope so!

I hope we can take friends too...I don't want to go out by myself (or rather, not at all).
Reply 6
Original post by becky85
Hi I start my nursing in september, as far as I'm aware freshers is for students only. It is our induction week where we do 9-4 wed- Fri and 11-3 on tuesday. We also do our mandatory training.

Students in general or can only students at Coventry attend? Okay, thanks for the information :smile: are you living in at uni?
Reply 7
Hi, I'll be starting Adult Nursing at Coventry in September too, but I'll be staying in student accommodation. Anyone else doing so?
Reply 8
Hiya! I'm starting in September also! Really excited to start,literally have been counting down since I found out I had an offer in February. I live with my fiancé in Coventry, not too far from the City Centre. I have three friends who are also starting in September - 1 in Adult Nursing with me, 2 in Learning Disability. As I've been working as a Pre-Degree HCA for the last six months, I've been to a few lectures with some current students, met some staff, made friends with some third year students on placements, it's been really nice to be eased in a little. I've felt so ready to start this course for months, nerves are coming into it a little now though. I'm not sure if I will attend many of the Freshers evening events, as I have sorted myself some bank HCA work during my studies. I was hoping my partner would be able to come to some of the nights events though? I attended a Taster Day early July. It was nice to have a run through of their expectations and what's to come.

Are you guys coming straight from College/Working etc? I already have a degree in English from BCU but was always very interested in Nursing. I think the thought of not being good enough held me back from applying for quite a while, but I decided to bite the bullet and working as a HCA with Tissue Viability and District Nursing really confirmed that this was what I wanted to do.

:smile:
Reply 9
For those that're commuting, how do you find it? Whats the schedule like for nursing during the week also :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest