The Student Room Group

Do you/did you have a nickname?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Yes, my dad calls me a "sheep" in punjabi, I don't know where it came from...I have an awful memory of me walking out into the car park after school my dad shouting it out because I wasn't paying attention to where he was parked. :ashamed2:

My friend calls me pigeon, I don't know where that came from either...

Lol wow. Sheep? That's ****ing awful. Does he herd you around all day or are typically herded by others? Or do you have a lot of wool to spare? :lol:

@OP - Vince.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Lol wow. Sheep? That's ****ing awful. Does he herd you around all day or are typically herded by others? Or do you have a lot of wool to spare? :lol:

@OP - Vince.

No indeed I am not herded around by others, I lead myself! :proud: I don't know where it came from , perhaps because I had curly hair when I was little :dontknow: all I know is it has been used in some of the most awkward times. If your wondering what it actually sounds like it is "Padoo"....yes and I also didn't know what it meant for a very long time....
No indeed I am not herded around by others, I lead myself! :proud: I don't know where it came from , perhaps because I had curly hair when I was little :dontknow: all I know is it has been used in some of the most awkward times. If your wondering what it actually sounds like it is "Padoo"....yes and I also didn't know what it meant for a very long time....

Aww Padoo sounds much cuter though than "sheep". Especially if you elongate the doo bit a little XD

That's still hilarious though that your dad was calling you a sheep unbeknownst to you for so long.
Reply 63
I have had dozens of nicknames. Most recently my ex-gf nicknamed me Wolfy - if i had a beard - and then puppy if I shaved it off.
Reply 64
The most recent nickname I get called is "Hey, you... in the bushes, I'm calling the police".
Original post by A5ko
The most recent nickname I get called is "Hey, you... in the bushes, I'm calling the police".

You peado gtfo!!!!
Reply 66
Original post by toonervoustotalk
You peado gtfo!!!!

How did you jump to the conclusion that a child was involved? Have we maybe scraped off a layer of your youth here?
Original post by A5ko
How did you jump to the conclusion that a child was involved? Have we maybe scraped off a layer of your youth here?

Pretty easily. You are 56 years old man
No wtf
Reply 68
Pretty easily. You are 56 years old man
No wtf

What if the person shouting was 60?
Original post by A5ko
What if the person shouting was 60?

Look a man/woman looking at children with lust in their eyes is both a peado and a pervert
(man/woman means 18 or more years ok)

A man/woman who creeps over another man/woman in secret is a pervert
Reply 70
Look a man/woman looking at children with lust in their eyes is both a peado and a pervert
(man/woman means 18 or more years ok)

A man/woman who creeps over another man/woman in secret is a pervert

You should probably be speaking to a qualified professional. I'm a little out of my depth here.
I used to be known as DJ years ago in secondary school (they're my last two initials)

Other than that, just Em. But i dislike it when people that im not close to call me it.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Aww Padoo sounds much cuter though than "sheep". Especially if you elongate the doo bit a little XD

That's still hilarious though that your dad was calling you a sheep unbeknownst to you for so long.

Lol normally the "oo" bit is elongated, when he shouts it's even further elongated... I know, but ngl I thought it was a Bull or something at first, I never questioned, I was pleased to hear it was sheep, seems slightly more pleasant.
Lol normally the "oo" bit is elongated, when he shouts it's even further elongated... I know, but ngl I thought it was a Bull or something at first, I never questioned, I was pleased to hear it was sheep, seems slightly more pleasant.

I think that's really cool actually. What an endearing nickname!
Reply 74
At school, I've got called ''meskiukas'' which basically in English means bear cub. Few colleagues at work call me ''caca'' :teehee: And another woman calls me ''sweetie'' because I had vanilla scent perfume on me and it smelled very nice :colone:
My parents used to call me "Mouse". I used to have mouse brown hair and be quite quiet (oh how things change. I'm now "hothead" or a variation of that because I'm ginger, confident and opinionated).

"Sammy"- but only close friends can get away with this! :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
there are a few, the most common is sharky, back in school i was known as the poloman and my family tend to call me roo.
Reply 78

That's cute :yep: my little sis used to be called diamond :lol:
Reply 79
Original post by Mary562
That's cute :yep: my little sis used to be called diamond :lol:

Well its the pet form of my first name rather than a nickname really. How come she was called that?

Quick Reply

Latest