The Student Room Group

Is it OK to bring a pencil case to college?

As Im going to be on an adult course. Not sure if Im to old at the age of 24 to bring one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yes. All heterosexuals carry stationary in a hap-dash manner.
Reply 2
Original post by Solivagant
Yes. All heterosexuals carry stationary in a hap-dash manner.

Its nothing to do with sexuality I meant it unofficially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a gay guy I can confirm that it was indeed the carrying of pencil cases (as well as colour coded post-its and highlighters) that made me homosexual. Avoid if at all possible.
Original post by Killa Kam
As Im going to be on an adult course. Not sure if Im to old at the age of 24 to bring one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is your avatar a reference to the Human Centipede?
:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say that the adults on your course would be intelligent enough to recognise that your choice of stationary has nothing to do with your sexual orientation :colondollar:
Totally. Because bringing a pencil case to college for convenience purposes shows that you like the same sex.
ye pretty gay. Straight men use the force.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Totally. Because bringing a pencil case to college for convenience purposes shows that you like the same sex.

Moreover, homosexuals are widely recognised for their love of organisation and storage solutions.
Why is everyone bullying him for being gay?
Original post by AlmostNotable
Why is everyone bullying him for being gay?

Please, please, tell me this is complete sarcasm?
If you bring one with peppa the pig on it then probably yes
Reply 13
Original post by Cup o' Tea
Is your avatar a reference to the Human Centipede?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
If your actually being serious and from what I am understanding from you question a clear pencil case with the essentials is fine.
Depends whether you'd rather be the pencil or the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes very gay you already know that why ask
Buy a sharpie and write "NO HOMO" on your pencil case, that's what I would do.
Not only are pencil cases indicative of homosexual predilections, but many of us use them to signal out sexual preferences to fellow gays when we are looking to pick someone up. Different colours are used to indicate top, bottom, submissive, dominant, bdsm, etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Empirious
So what if he used the word 'gay' to describe something? Why must everyone be so politically-correct? And, regarding the actual topic of this thread (something people seem to have forgotten), I would still have a pencil case, but would carry it around inside another bag and would try to use it as discreetly as possible.

1). Offensive to those it matters to - e.g. me.

2). Derogatory

3). Using gay as an insult reinforces homophobic/anti-gay ideals

4). It has nothing to do with being politically correct but everything to do with being an idiot

Quick Reply

Latest