The Student Room Group

So, you want to do a ski season?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else currently applying for 16/17 season? Any advice you'd like to give or companies you'd like to recommend?
I've just got a job as a resort rep with Crystal in France, don't find out my resort until October though :/ Seem like a good company to work for though, providing you with a work phone, iPad etc.
I've got an interview for the 2016/17 season next week - I applied to be a hotel assistant through workaseason. Does anyone have any tips/advice on the interview stage? Also, I've been sent an email saying I need to prepare a 'creative and imaginative' presentation showing I understand the requirements of the job/demonstrating how I suit the role; help!?
ty :smile:
Reply 583
How did your interview go? I have the same one next week and I'm stuck on what to do for my presentation too! What did you do in the end and what did others do?
Anyone have any advice about how to go about a personal statement and writing about chalet hosting in it?
I'd never take up skiing as it's way to dangerous and scary. I wouldn't want to slip. How do you all come back with no problem?
Original post by Anfanny
I'd never take up skiing as it's way to dangerous and scary. I wouldn't want to slip. How do you all come back with no problem?

Some people do have to leave the season early because of injuries. You've just got to be careful (or as close as one can get to careful while hurtling down a mountain at speed) and wear a helmet.
Hey! I know your post was years ago but I have an interview with Skibound tomorrow- ive been told it will last between 9:00am till 5pm, was it like this when you had your interview? Also i was curious as to whether you know any more tips about what to expect and which kind of questions they answer?Thanks :smile:Tia
Anyone have an experience of working for skibound over previous seasons? I have a job at on of their 'club hotels' working as a hotel host and was wondering what it would be like?
I have been invited for an interview in a few weeks with Esprit Ski as a Nanny. Has anyone had a group interview with them before and have any tips.
Original post by fhartley204444
Anyone have an experience of working for skibound over previous seasons? I have a job at on of their 'club hotels' working as a hotel host and was wondering what it would be like?

good company to work for and certainly a party atmosphere so expect to work hard and play harder !!

where are you off to .. Tignes ?

cheers
Nic
@coolskijobs everywhere
Reply 591
I got offered a rep position with crystal in Austria at an undisclosed resort and a rep position with esprit in meribel - don't know what to choose, anyone got any advice over whether to choose crystal/esprit? I don't really want to turn a resort like meribel down but I feel like crystal is a more fun company than esprit !
Reply 592
hey,
I have been offered a potential job in either Morzine or Tignes - which one of the two would you pick? I would value a good social atmosphere perhaps in shared accomodation (any reccomendations?) and good ski-ing. I realise the cost of living will be quite high for each.
Thanks!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 593
I've also heard many places ask for 4 months or so rent in advance to cover the stay-any recommendations for places which let you do it by week/month? thanks again!!
Hi I appreciate that this is a very old thread but does anyone have any experience of applying with a friend as chalet hosts later on in the season (from January)? Is there much chance of us actually finding a company who will take us especially as we are both 18? Although we would love to work together, we are worried that our chances of receiving a job are very slim so it may be best to work individually. Any insight would be HUGELY appreciated! Thank you
should smash out a ski season in Canada. I'm 3 deep and been skiing balls deep the whole time. France is terrible in comparison. options boys options
Original post by mattmilly
should smash out a ski season in Canada. I'm 3 deep and been skiing balls deep the whole time. France is terrible in comparison. options boys options

Are you working through a gap year company or have you in the past? I've been considering Canada but it seems to be an expensive option for 18 year old school leavers, how was your first time?
How did you manage to get that specific position?
Original post by Lady_Muck
Ahhh. Just had the best 5 months of my life working in Tignes (going to VDI everyday skiing and every week partying!) and it was wicked. Would highly recommend working for Skiworld as they were great employers.

Came back last week and am boooored. Don't want to get a normal job and I want to go skiing!!

we also had a great deal in uk with coupontoaster while I was on my vacations
Hey, a prospective 2021 ski-season worker here. I'm just wondering whether it is realistic to expect to be able to find work as either a chalet host or a bartender for only the months of January and February (as I have work commitments in December and March). Also, what is the best way of going about getting work for a shortened period?

Quick Reply

Latest