The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Computer Science Freshers 2015/2016

Any Computer Science 2015 Freshers here? Let's get to know each other guys: Im Vasily (Vas works too :smile: ), and already received my place (did the IB) for G401 (Sandwich year). Oh, and I come from Russia. :russia:
Original post by Vas87thRD
Any Computer Science 2015 Freshers here? Let's get to know each other guys: Im Vasily (Vas works too :smile: ), and already received my place (did the IB) for G401 (Sandwich year). Oh, and I come from Russia. :russia:

I'm not, I did my degree with the University of Surrey many moons ago though. I'd be interested to see how many other Computer Science freshers there are on here :smile: Cool subject and cool uni!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Hi, I'll also be studying Computer Science and I'm very excited! I live in London
Reply 3
Hey there, I'll be studying Computer Science also!
Reply 4
Hi, I start Comp Sci in October too. Does anyone know what the "programming tests" are on the Comp Sci freshers week timetable or if we are expected to do any prior reading off the reading list? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by heronsafc
Hi, I start Comp Sci in October too. Does anyone know what the "programming tests" are on the Comp Sci freshers week timetable or if we are expected to do any prior reading off the reading list? :smile:

Hey guys I just found this
''The main programming language at Level 1 is Java. During the induction week there is a programming test and this lets us know the level of support you need. We run tutorials to support those who have not done much programming before. Each week there is a variety of ways in which we support the teaching of programming: two-hour lecture, two-hour lab, one drop-in session and one tutorial.''

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/cs/study/ug/faq/
Reply 6
Original post by vanima
Hey guys I just found this
''The main programming language at Level 1 is Java. During the induction week there is a programming test and this lets us know the level of support you need. We run tutorials to support those who have not done much programming before. Each week there is a variety of ways in which we support the teaching of programming: two-hour lecture, two-hour lab, one drop-in session and one tutorial.''

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/cs/study/ug/faq/

Thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending