The Student Room Group

What football team do you all support?

Seeing as I'm new, I decided I might as well chill in the football section, I like a bit of football and support Leyton Orient, how about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Harchester United.
Chelsea
Reply 3
Chelsea.
Reply 4
Barcelona :smile:
Original post by Zezo
Seeing as I'm new, I decided I might as well chill in the football section, I like a bit of football and support Leyton Orient, how about you guys?

Good lad.

I'm cursed with supporting Leeds
Original post by Zezo

Villa fan here, you should check out our Football League/Non League thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2573315
Chelsea
The German national team at the world cups and the European championships, plus the FC Barcelona (the best club team in the world at the moment in my opinion).
Original post by Kallisto
The German national team at the world cups and the European championships, plus the FC Barcelona (the best club team in the world at the moment in my opinion).

Not very impressive to be honest. I supported Italy in 2006 and Spain from 2008 to 2012.. Had a fling with Bayern Munich from 2012 to 2013, dated Man Utd in 1999 and then again between 2006 - 2009, and recently got engaged with Barcelona, having previously gone on casual dates in 2006, 2009 and 2011 (just as friends).

I also support West Ham - unfortunately I haven't seen a dedicated club thread on this sub forum.
Original post by Zantetsuken
Not very impressive to be honest. (...)

Not very impressive for British, but that is not the point! I am a German who supports the German squad since the World Cup 2002 in waiting for the victory at a torunament. In the last year, my desire came true. :smile:
Not very impressive for British, but that is not the point! I am a German who supports the German squad since the World Cup 2002 in waiting for the victory at a torunament. In the last year, my desire came true. :smile:

Well I was pretty sure you were trolling, but it turns out you're actually German!

Yes there hasn't been any success for England (or any British nation) for a long time, but that's how I like it. Being a loser is in fashion. Last year my desire also came true (lol - I'm even convincing myself now).
Arsenal :biggrin:
The Kings of London (Arsenal for those who somehow don't know 😉)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I was pretty sure you were trolling, but it turns out you're actually German!

Yes there hasn't been any success for England (or any British nation) for a long time, but that's how I like it. Being a loser is in fashion. Last year my desire also came true (lol - I'm even convincing myself now).

I know, England won the world cup in 1966.

And your desire, let me guess, was the triple of Barcelona, am I right? it was deserved. Very strong team!

By the way why did you think that I was trolling?
Reply 15
Manchester United
I know, England won the world cup in 1966.

And your desire, let me guess, was the triple of Barcelona, am I right? it was deserved. Very strong team!

By the way why did you think that I was trolling?

Well supporting Germany and Barcelona right now would be the definition of a shameless glory hunter! (I'm sorry to say) But you clearly have a good reason to support Germany, so you're not trolling.

No I was just kidding, I don't support any of those teams - only West Ham (and England). My humour struggles to come through online actually.
Well supporting Germany and Barcelona right now would be the definition of a shameless glory hunter! (I'm sorry to say) But you clearly have a good reason to support Germany, so you're not trolling.

No I was just kidding, I don't support any of those teams - only West Ham (and England). My humour struggles to come through online actually.

To be honest my favorite club team comes from Germany, its Werder Bremen. But my favorite team in Spain is Barcelona - and that before the champions league victory in 2006...

I am not interest in glory, as it is fading all the time.
To be honest my favorite club team comes from Germany, its Werder Bremen. But my favorite team in Spain is Barcelona - and that before the champions league victory in 2006...

I am not interest in glory, as it is fading all the time.

That's more like it. Werder Bremen is more of a family club compared to super clubs like Barcelona and co. Plus they have their fair share of rubbish seasons - like last season.

I don't really care for glory either, otherwise I wouldn't have supported West Ham ha. It's way more fun this way. I even get a bit of masochistic joy in seeing England fail again and again - only a bit!
That's more like it. Werder Bremen is more of a family club compared to super clubs like Barcelona and co. Plus they have their fair share of rubbish seasons - like last season.

I don't really care for glory either, otherwise I wouldn't have supported West Ham ha. It's way more fun this way. I even get a bit of masochistic joy in seeing England fail again and again - only a bit!

Family club is the right word. The great part of my friends and acquaintances are fans of Werder Bremen, another ones are fans of Hamburger SV. But of course there are also so called 'glory' fans in the North of Germany who support FC Bayern Munich.

Quick Reply

Latest