The Student Room Group

Liverpool or southampton uni

For a msc in big data, what is the best choice, Southampton or liverpool ?
i'm guessing southampton. If this were a choice between 2 football clubs i'd defo go for southampton lol
I'd choose Liverpool :biggrin: Have you been to either city?
Reply 3
Original post by driftawaay
I'd choose Liverpool :biggrin: Have you been to either city?

I'm an international student so i can not visit the uk at the moment :tongue:, why you would choose liverpool ? give me concrete reasons :biggrin:
Original post by Taoufik1
I'm an international student so i can not visit the uk at the moment :tongue:, why you would choose liverpool ? give me concrete reasons :biggrin:

Honestly I haven't been to either cities, but most people would say Liverpool is the nicer place, it's a big bustling city and Southampton is generally seen as more 'boring' but you might prefer smaller cities so it just depends on what you want. Reputation wise they are on a par with each other so in that sense it doesn't matter which uni you go to. Have you looked at the course modules though? You should choose the one that has more interesting modules.
Reply 5
Original post by driftawaay
Honestly I haven't been to either cities, but most people would say Liverpool is the nicer place, it's a big bustling city and Southampton is generally seen as more 'boring' but you might prefer smaller cities so it just depends on what you want. Reputation wise they are on a par with each other so in that sense it doesn't matter which uni you go to. Have you looked at the course modules though? You should choose the one that has more interesting modules.

small or big cities, i dont have a problem with that, what conserns me is
* the quality of the education,
* the reputation and the job prospect
* the student satisfaction.

this latest is very low at liverpool, and southampton is well ranked than liverpool (in overal and in computer science).

talking about the modules i think that southampton presents much better course modules than liverpool for the same msc.

But i still need the opinion of people who did study at these universities :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Ilovemaths96
i'm guessing southampton. If this were a choice between 2 football clubs i'd defo go for southampton lol

have you been in southampton or liverpool uni ? what is the reasons for choosing southampton ?
Southampton is more prestigious than Liverpool
Reply 8
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Southampton is more prestigious than Liverpool

had you studied at southampton ?
No but I've done a lot of recruitment for graduate jobs and Southampton is on the funding/target' list and Liverpool isn't. Not that we wouldn't take anyone from Liverpool but we don't spend any money/resources on advertising there as we prefer targeted recruitment at unis where we are more likely to find higher calibre students. Although I must say the difference between Southampton and Liverpool isn't actually that great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
No but I've done a lot of recruitment for graduate jobs and Southampton is on the funding/target' list and Liverpool isn't. Not that we wouldn't take anyone from Liverpool but we don't spend any money/resources on advertising there as we prefer targeted recruitment at unis where we are more likely to find higher calibre students. Although I must say the difference between Southampton and Liverpool isn't actually that great

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok i understand , and thank you for your reply, since you are in recruitment, i would like to ask you about the chance for an international postgraduate student in data science to get a good job in the uk
Original post by Taoufik1
Ok i understand , and thank you for your reply, since you are in recruitment, i would like to ask you about the chance for an international postgraduate student in data science to get a good job in the uk

If I'm honest I don't know any companies that will sponsor an international visa to work in the UK...the graduate job market is already saturated so you'll probably find it very hard...sorry if that sounds harsh! Postgraduate might be slightly easier, but I can only talk from a graduate perspective

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
If I'm honest I don't know any companies that will sponsor an international visa to work in the UK...the graduate job market is already saturated so you'll probably find it very hard...sorry if that sounds harsh! Postgraduate might be slightly easier, but I can only talk from a graduate perspective

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your honesty, but i'm already planned to come anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending