The Student Room Group

Anyone into nice watches?

There aren't that many people into watches :frown:

I wish I had a Patek but I don't.

The last person I mentioned 'Patek' to, they thought that was a Russian version of a Patel.

:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Yes! I have a Rolex and it's my life. Not literally but it is great to have.
Reply 2
I have a very nice black and white swatch watch.
Original post by ivybridge
Yes! I have a Rolex and it's my life. Not literally but it is great to have.

Ooooh so do I. Which one do you have?

I have a Ceramic Sub 116610 LN
I have a biological clock.

On that Amish time
I have the President Bracelet 118239 :smile:
Reply 6
I like Daniel Wellington watches are nice, simple face with a classy leather strap :smile:
Original post by ivybridge
I have the President Bracelet 118239 :smile:

Wow nice. Was it a gift?

You could have got a Calatrava for that kind of money...
Original post by Awesome Genius
Wow nice. Was it a gift?

You could have got a Calatrava for that kind of money...

It was!
Reply 9
I don't have the time for watches.
I follow this youtube channel by a guy called Archie Luxury - absolutely hilarious guy and you learn loads about watches lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQl7L-EyHSU
Original post by aamirac
I like Daniel Wellington watches are nice, simple face with a classy leather strap :smile:

Original post by N-R-G
I have a very nice black and white swatch watch.

cool :smile:

I actually don't even wear my watch very much unless I'm out and going to somewhere nice. do you guys wear a watch all the time?
Reply 12

I actually don't even wear my watch very much unless I'm out and going to somewhere nice. do you guys wear a watch all the time?

I wear my swatch all the time. My friend had a rolex he was at a club we used to go to and this guy told him to give it to him, my friend couldn't because it was screwed on to his wrist, he got stabbed.

yes! This might be really weird but I missed my old watch (currently wearing MK) so I wear it to bed (old one) as I liked the sound it makes and checking the time at night.
I wear a watch all the time...which is ironic because I'm always late. :colondollar:
I have a wooden watch
It's really old fashioned made a long long time ago by Quartz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every man should have a nice watch. The one i had through growing up got too worn years ago, been looking for a new one ever since, nothing has taken my fancy yet. a few have but they were up in the 4k mark, out of my price range :lol:

i even thought about getting a custom built from one of the watch makers, but could buy a car for what they charge for that
(edited 8 years ago)
for the money you spend on a decent watch you could reach operating level thetan and achieve real happiness
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
Every man should have a nice watch. The one i had through growing up got too worn years ago, been looking for a new one ever since, nothing has taken my fancy yet. a few have but they were up in the 4k mark, out of my price range :lol:

i even thought about getting a custom built from one of the watch makers, but could buy a car for what they charge for that

Rolex & Patek.

They are the only two brands that will hold their value within 20% anywhere in the world.
Reply 18
I can't afford any luxury brands yet, but once I am earning a regular paycheck it will be one of my first big buys (Something like an Omega Seamaster would be nice)

I always wear my Luminox, just due to the fact that it is tough enough to sustain a few knocks.
Original post by Smilin’ Knight

what kind of watches do you like
simple face, leather strap, ceramic link straps, stainless steel straps, analoge or digital, one with a date, etc

Quick Reply

Latest