The Student Room Group

Scottish Medical Applicant Without The 'RIght' Subjects

New here not sure how everything works but i have a question(s), I am currently moving into S6 at secondary school and have no qualifications in biology or chemistry. However I hold 8A Grades at National 5 and I am predicted to achieve 5A grades in my Highers. In S6 I am taking both higher biology and chemistry along with Advanced Higher Mathematics and Physics. Can anyone comment on how disadvantaged I will be applying without having achieved biology or chemistry, thanks !

*I am aware several other factors affect the application. *
You probably wont be provided you have 5As. It just means they'll give you an A condition on the sciences
Reply 2
Thanks! Do you think a conditional offer would specify advanced higher grades along with the highers? and if so what are these likely to be?
Original post by JDExam
Thanks! Do you think a conditional offer would specify advanced higher grades along with the highers? and if so what are these likely to be?

Yeah, so it would be AB at AH and AA at higher (for glasgow and st andrews) or BB at AH and AA at higher (for edinburgh, aberdeen and dundee)

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah they'd probably give you a conditional based on biology and chemistry provided you're good enough in other areas like your interview and personal statement.
Reply 5
Thanks ! Has anybody been in this situation previously ? If so what was your experience ?

Quick Reply

Latest