The Student Room Group

Primark induction day

I finally got my first part-time job at Primark :biggrin:, my induction is tomorrow. What can I expect to happen tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

I would imagine you will be shown how to ignore piles of clothes left all over the floor whilst mastering a look of utter misery. :smile:

Hope it goes well. Good luck!
Original post by starryeyed009
I finally got my first part-time job at Primark :biggrin:, my induction is tomorrow. What can I expect to happen tomorrow?

Hi and welcome to the club! Which Primark are you working in if I may ask?
My induction was three days, three hours on each day. On the first day we signed out contracts, and some other things. A superviser read through a GIANT book. It was pretty boring, it went through:
The company itself
Health and safety
Dress code
Departments
Etc

We then got a tour of the store and got shown fire exits and whatever. On the second day, we did more health and safety stuff and I can't remember. Then we got till trained. On the third day, we went straight on tills, supervised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by welshbanana
Hi and welcome to the club! Which Primark are you working in if I may ask?
My induction was three days, three hours on each day. On the first day we signed out contracts, and some other things. A superviser read through a GIANT book. It was pretty boring, it went through:
The company itself
Health and safety
Dress code
Departments
Etc

We then got a tour of the store and got shown fire exits and whatever. On the second day, we did more health and safety stuff and I can't remember. Then we got till trained. On the third day, we went straight on tills, supervised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be working at Primark in Tooting. Did you get paid for the induction? Oh, the book is going to kill me, lol!
I'll be working at Primark in Tooting. Did you get paid for the induction? Oh, the book is going to kill me, lol!

Yeah you get paid for the induction, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah you get paid for the induction, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you (:
Reply 6
Hey guys! I have an induction day tomorrow was wondering are all induction days held in the store you'll be working at? Or do you have to phone up and ask where the induction day will be?!
Original post by maliha97
Hey guys! I have an induction day tomorrow was wondering are all induction days held in the store you'll be working at? Or do you have to phone up and ask where the induction day will be?!

It should be at the store where you're working at. Which store did you apply to?
Reply 8
It should be at the store where you're working at. Which store did you apply to?

In ilford they didn't email me anything about the induction day they just sent me an email about logging into a work pay account, do I have to do another assessment on that to get the job? Or does getting an induction day mean I have the job already?
Once they email you about an induction, you've basically got the job. (You'll be on probation for the first three months of course.) it should be at the store you applied to and you should wear the typical primark uniform as well.

- Writing from experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In ilford they didn't email me anything about the induction day they just sent me an email about logging into a work pay account, do I have to do another assessment on that to get the job? Or does getting an induction day mean I have the job already?

Forgot to quote it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you log into Workday there are a few tasks you have to complete, like bank details and contact details etc. On the email there should be an attachment telling you how to do the stuff on there.

Everyone on my induction also got the job so I'm sure you got it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Congrats on the job! I live near there :smile:
I know this is random but what kind of questions did you get asked during the interview?

Yeah they sent me that too. But over the phone the lady gave me details about what time it starts and what I need to wear, so hopefully they told you something over the phone too. I was expecting an email with all the info but they only sent the link for the work day account, I think that's it. But the website is currently not working right now until tomorrow morning.
Yeah they sent me that too. But over the phone the lady gave me details about what time it starts and what I need to wear, so hopefully they told you something over the phone too. I was expecting an email with all the info but they only sent the link for the work day account, I think that's it. But the website is currently not working right now until tomorrow morning.

Yes same but my induction at 10am and the website opens at 9am so I'm going to be a bit rushed of time. Do we have to print anything?! And no over the phone she mentioned nothing just asked my name and said tomorrow at 10am is the induction, I was out so I wasn't concentrating much and forgot to ask about where, hopefully if I go early I can go and ask!
Original post by NOONA.
Congrats on the job! I live near there :smile:
I know this is random but what kind of questions did you get asked during the interview?

Thank you (: they asked competency based questions e.g. tell me a time when your colleague was under pressure. Tell me a time when you gave good customer service. Tell me a time when you had to complete a task perfectly by double checking it. (something like that) He asked two other questions which I can't remember now even though I had my interview two days ago, sorry, my memory is so bad lol! :colondollar:
Who are Primark's competitor? Why do you want to work for Primark?

That was basically it and he just went through my personal details and flexibility etc. And gave me details about the role. Are you planning on applying?
If you log into Workday there are a few tasks you have to complete, like bank details and contact details etc. On the email there should be an attachment telling you how to do the stuff on there.

Everyone on my induction also got the job so I'm sure you got it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK so you don't have to fill in a health and safety form out? I read somewhere on a thread that one applicant had to do that :s and okay hopefully! So nervous. You work at primark too?!
Yes same but my induction at 10am and the website opens at 9am so I'm going to be a bit rushed of time. Do we have to print anything?! And no over the phone she mentioned nothing just asked my name and said tomorrow at 10am is the induction, I was out so I wasn't concentrating much and forgot to ask about where, hopefully if I go early I can go and ask!

Yeah we need to do the health and safety assessment which I completed this morning, it took me literally 1-2 hours to complete, then I had to print out the certificate. But since the website is currently not running right now it's not our fault so don't worry about it, hopefully they'll be aware of this tomorrow. But the induction should be at the store you applied to, go to customer service and sign in.
Reply 18
Thank you (: they asked competency based questions e.g. tell me a time when your colleague was under pressure. Tell me a time when you gave good customer service. Tell me a time when you had to complete a task perfectly by double checking it. (something like that) He asked two other questions which I can't remember now even though I had my interview two days ago, sorry, my memory is so bad lol! :colondollar:
Who are Primark's competitor? Why do you want to work for Primark?

That was basically it and he just went through my personal details and flexibility etc. And gave me details about the role. Are you planning on applying?

Thank you so much! :smile: I've applied to the one in Oxford street and I've got an interview next week, how long were your answers?
OK so you don't have to fill in a health and safety form out? I read somewhere on a thread that one applicant had to do that :s and okay hopefully! So nervous. You work at primark too?!

Yeah I work at one in Wales :biggrin:

There is a health and safety test you have to do but the system is down right now and I'm sure they will be understanding. Any others who are having an induction with you are probably in the same boat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending