The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Clearing 2015

Hello everybody,

I thought this might be a useful thread to start for some of you. Our clearing line is already open, and you can call us on 0800 085 3169 or 0800 032 4441. You can also find out more information about clearing on our website.

For those of you who are waiting until 13 August for your A level results, I sincerely hope you get the results you are hoping for. Please remember however, that if it doesn't go entirely according to plan, then it needn't be the end of the world: clearing is a great opportunity to take advantage of a second chance, so I definitely recommend you getting in touch.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have and my colleagues and I will try and help as much as we can (several of them have first hand experience of clearing, so will be great 'brains to pick').

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,
Simon and the London Met reps. :smile:
Reply 1
Hey Ive already got an offer from london met for dietetics and nutrition of two bs however Im really anxious as to what results I am going to get. Does london met have any leeway if the entry requirements are not met for this particular course.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Hello, I remember when I was waiting for my A level results - absolutely nerve-wracking, so I completely empathise with your anxiety. Please try not to worry, though. There's not a lot you can do until you actually get the results and (in my experience at least) over thinking these sorts of things can make you imagine all sorts of nightmare scenarios. So, hang on in there! :smile:

What I think you should do is as soon as your results are released check UCAS track, because on there you can see whether or not we've accepted you onto the course based on your grades. If we have happy days. If not, don't panic - it doesn't necessarily mean you can't study here.

If this happens then give us a ring on 0800 032 4441 and we can discuss your options, there might be something we can offer and if this isn't the dietetics course itself, then it may be that you could take the extended degree (which adds a year zero to the course and would ensure that you could start your desired degree in a year's time). We also have similar courses that you might be able to take, like Human Nutrition, for example.

However, like I said, there's not a lot you can do until the results are out, so try not to worry. The best advice I can give for what to do now is to go and do something fun to take your mind off of the results. I sincerely wish you the best of luck, I really hope you get the grades you need. Please do let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Simon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending