The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get into strategic consulting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
these are numbers that ive been told by people who started the graduate scheme at at least 2 of the 4, the other two salaries can be found online, thats why i confused haha.

Like I said, I know that IT consulting (risk advisory) get significantly more. Strategic and operational consulting/advisory falls within the audit and advisory sector and therefore the audit salaries apply
Original post by Francesca23
Like I said, I know that IT consulting (risk advisory) get significantly more. Strategic and operational consulting/advisory falls within the audit and advisory sector and therefore the audit salaries apply

I'm not sure about that statement. Monitor Deloitte and Strategy & Operations don't get the same pay grade as Audit - my friends at Deloitte have alluded to the Audit grad salary being much lower than for the aforementioned divisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I'm not sure about that statement. Monitor Deloitte and Strategy & Operations don't get the same pay grade as Audit - my friends at Deloitte have alluded to the Audit grad salary being much lower than for the aforementioned divisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I know 100% they do in my department in my office whom get London salary, the bonuses are far higher though. Guess just be sure you do your research first depending on which department you will join. Good luck!
Reply 23
Salaries vary, if you go for IT and controls consulting the pay is much higher and the hours are far less.

Really? This is surprising given IT consulting tends to pay the least everywhere. Do you know the number?

Original post by Princepieman
These numbers look extremely low for Deloitte Consulting. Do you think there is a discrepancy between Deloitte Strategy and Operations vs the rest of Deloitte Consulting? I'm certain the former is in line with (or even more than) Accenture's £31.5k graduate salary.

Accenture works out a fair chunk higher than that including the bonus (5k per year across first 2 years). IBM is 30k now I believe and Capgemini 37k. Big 4 I thought were 32-34k. Potentially more for Strategy& and Monitor divisions of big4, unsure. MBB pay more then the rest I think, although obvs much tougher to get in. Bear in mind all this for management consulting schemes, other areas of these businesses typically pay differently.

Well I know 100% they do in my department in my office whom get London salary, the bonuses are far higher though. Guess just be sure you do your research first depending on which department you will join. Good luck!

I thought audit advisory was separate from the consulting service line?
Original post by M1011

Accenture works out a fair chunk higher than that including the bonus (5k per year across first 2 years). IBM is 30k now I believe and Capgemini 37k. Big 4 I thought were 32-34k. Potentially more for Strategy& and Monitor divisions of big4, unsure. MBB pay more then the rest I think, although obvs much tougher to get in. Bear in mind all this for management consulting schemes, other areas of these businesses typically pay differently.

That's what I thought, seems much more in line with what others have said. Yeah, I disregarded he bonus for Accenture.

ive never heard consulting falling under audit, i echo what others have said, audit and tax pay below consulting, i know that for a fact, thats odd
Original post by welcometoib
ive never heard consulting falling under audit, i echo what others have said, audit and tax pay below consulting, i know that for a fact, thats odd

I know that in our office the department of consulting I work in (finance operations and support) falls under audit and assurance as it aligns with it partially due to it being financial stategy
Anyway you guys just do your research- I'm just trying to give my 2 cents.

Fair enough, that seems to fall under the finance consulting department - operations, Monitor, IT and other streams may be different. Congrats, nevertheless, on your move by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending