The Student Room Group

Unsure whether clearing is right for me...

I have an offer to study medicine at the university of Cardiff for 2015 entry, but due to my panic attack in my f324 chem exam I feel now I will not get AAA but AAB, and thus I will miss my offer for medicine.

my back up has always been genetics, in fact I applied to KCL for genetics this year as a back up but decided that it was to far away from home and thus I didnt insure it under my medicine offer...

My problem is the course I want to do, which is a masters in genetics at either sheffield, nottingham or manchester is in clearing, but im unsure as to whether clearing is the right option for me...

If I do recieve AAB on results day then I can either take a gap year and apply again or go through clearing to the course I would like, my questions are...

1) am I more likely to get onto these courses via clearing?
2) with clearing will it mean I may not get accomodation?
3) which option would you go for and why?

I am so unsure on this matter and would really like some advice!
Original post by Natalierm2707
I have an offer to study medicine at the university of Cardiff for 2015 entry, but due to my panic attack in my f324 chem exam I feel now I will not get AAA but AAB, and thus I will miss my offer for medicine.

my back up has always been genetics, in fact I applied to KCL for genetics this year as a back up but decided that it was to far away from home and thus I didnt insure it under my medicine offer...

My problem is the course I want to do, which is a masters in genetics at either sheffield, nottingham or manchester is in clearing, but im unsure as to whether clearing is the right option for me...

If I do recieve AAB on results day then I can either take a gap year and apply again or go through clearing to the course I would like, my questions are...

1) am I more likely to get onto these courses via clearing?
2) with clearing will it mean I may not get accomodation?
3) which option would you go for and why?

I am so unsure on this matter and would really like some advice!

1) They dont always lower requirements through clearing so i suppose it doesnt change how likely you are to get into them except obviously clearing has places.
2) All depends on the university, saying that manchester, nottingham and sheffield are massive cities so if you cant get into uni accomodation, i m sure you ll find some private accomodation somewhere.
3) if you re absolutely sure you want to do genetics then why not try clearing, if it doesnt work out then you can still take that gap year:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending