The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josephinemar25
Hey I'm not sure whether or not to give Cambridge or imperial a shot.
I got the same results as you minus Chinese.
These are my UMS scores. Worth a go or should I not bother?

Maths A level : 549/600Chemistry AS level: 290/300Physics AS level: 266/300

I'm only in year 11 but that looks really good. Give it a shot wont do any harm. i am interested in chemical engineering aswell as everything else to do with chemistry physics and maths:smile:
Original post by vuvuzela
I'm not understanding bro please explain

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the entry requirements are lower for the BEng then it's easier to get into.
Reply 162
When is the absolute deadline for Chem eng? is it 5 days or unil December?
Original post by Cpj16
When is the absolute deadline for Chem eng? is it 5 days or unil December?

15th Oct for Oxbridge

15th January for everywhere else.
Reply 164
Original post by jneill
15th Oct for Oxbridge

15th January for everywhere else.

thanks just had a mini heart -attack!
HAVE AN INTERVIEW FROM MAANNCCCHESSTTER!! anybody else heard anything yet. Not enjoying filling out the SAQ I mean an ADDITIONAL PS WHHAAT???!! :angry:
Original post by ImNervous
Hi guys
My stats
GCSEs: 1A* 1 destinction* 4A 3B
AS; AAAA (bio chem maths and IT)
Pred: A*AA (chem bio maths repectivley)

Apllying to Manchester bath ucl Aston and one other.
Can someone suggest me a 5th option please.
Also what do you think are my chances of receiving offers from the unis I have chosen?

Thanks for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birmigham is really good. Why Aston?? You have really good AS grades so I would aim higher.
HAVE AN INTERVIEW FROM MAANNCCCHESSTTER!! anybody else heard anything yet. Not enjoying filling out the SAQ I mean an ADDITIONAL PS WHHAAT???!! :angry:

When did you hand your PS and stuff in? Well done btw mancs is real good
When did you hand your PS and stuff in? Well done btw mancs is real good

Thanks I sent it on thursday and got an email Friday morning :biggrin:
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks I sent it on thursday and got an email Friday morning :biggrin:

I will also be applying to Manchester but I'm just nervous as to if I will get an offer or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birmigham is really good. Why Aston?? You have really good AS grades so I would aim higher.

I can't apply to ucl any more. I re- read their entry req and it said they wanted physics to at least AS level. And Birmingham say that we "should" have physics at AS or we "should" have maths M1 module. But my college isn't doing it. :unimpressed:

Aston for me was a back up. Just in case I don't get accepted from any where else. I hope that doesn't happen though. So now that birm and ucl are out could you please suggest me some more unis I could apply. Surrey/ Sheffield maybe.

Also what is an SAQ and which Manchester course did you apply for? I'm going for the one with industrial placement.

Sorry about the long response and thanks in advance for your help.
I'm just really nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
why are you so nervous! Relax we have a year and things will sort themselves out and you have great AS levels. The deadline for UCAS other than oxbridge is January so you have time. Yes Birmingham and Sheffield are good options, also Nottingham they say Maths and either Chemistry or Physics. Manchester require Maths and a Science subject. LIkewise I also applied fro the placement year at Manchester.
My stats are:
GCSE; 7A*4A
I did A level Maths last year alongside Physics and Chemistry AS.
MATHS A LEVEL: A* (achieved)
Chemistry AS level: A
Physics AS level: A
doing further maths (AS and A2) this year alongside Chemistry and physics A2.
The SAQ is a form you have to fill out for Cambridge only.
Predicted A*A*A*A*
best of luck
Guys and girls a quick question; NatSci or Engineering for Cambridge, bearing in mind I do bio and have a further maths AS, not continuing to A2.

Also who has EPQ here?
Guys and girls a quick question; NatSci or Engineering for Cambridge, bearing in mind I do bio and have a further maths AS, not continuing to A2.

Also who has EPQ here?

As your route for ChemEng? I doubt it matters hugely. NatSci *might* have slightly less emphasis on Maths.
why are you so nervous! Relax we have a year and things will sort themselves out and you have great AS levels. The deadline for UCAS other than oxbridge is January so you have time. Yes Birmingham and Sheffield are good options, also Nottingham they say Maths and either Chemistry or Physics. Manchester require Maths and a Science subject. LIkewise I also applied fro the placement year at Manchester.
My stats are:
GCSE; 7A*4A
I did A level Maths last year alongside Physics and Chemistry AS.
MATHS A LEVEL: A* (achieved)
Chemistry AS level: A
Physics AS level: A
doing further maths (AS and A2) this year alongside Chemistry and physics A2.
The SAQ is a form you have to fill out for Cambridge only.
Predicted A*A*A*A*
best of luck

Damn, those are brilliant. Well done and best of luck to you too. And huge thanks for the help. :tongue:
Original post by jneill
As your route for ChemEng? I doubt it matters hugely. NatSci *might* have slightly less emphasis on Maths.

I disagree I think engineering would have more maths. I would advise the Nat Sci route without further maths to A2. But really its up to you
I disagree I think engineering would have more maths. I would advise the Nat Sci route without further maths to A2. But really its up to you

You are agreeing with me :wink: - I said NatSci has *less* emphasis on maths...
Original post by jneill
You are agreeing with me :wink: - I said NatSci has *less* emphasis on maths...

Ha ha sorry about that
Been forced to pick a college someone pick for me please

Quick Reply

Latest