The Student Room Group

I have a healthy weight but still fat

I weigh 9 stone 2, at 5ft 7 and I'm male. I am at a healthy weight according to a doctor but I still have loads of belly fat and fat in my face, how am I supposed to get rid of this because I don't want to lose weight and become 8 stone.
Original post by SunDun111
I weigh 9 stone 2, at 5ft 7 and I'm male. I am at a healthy weight according to a doctor but I still have loads of belly fat and fat in my face, how am I supposed to get rid of this because I don't want to lose weight and become 8 stone.

Simple, your body fat percentage is too high. Cut that down and you'll lose the fat.
Reply 2
Original post by -TheSpecialOne-
Simple, your body fat percentage is too high. Cut that down and you'll lose the fat.

Cut down on eating?
Don't cut down on eating!
I would suggest you eat clean or cleaner and start weight training! This will change the shape of your body and the flabby bits will become leaner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Replace the fat with muscle?
Cardio. Run, swim, cycle, etc. And change your bloody gender indicator on TSR if you're really a male.
You just need to start weight training and leading a sporty/active lifestyle if you want that to change.
Reply 7
Original post by ChickenMadness
You just need to start weight training and leading a sporty/active lifestyle if you want that to change.

Yeah but weight training will affect my growth?
Original post by SunDun111
Yeah but weight training will affect my growth?

nah not really. Loads of tall bodybuilders and athletes worked out as kids.
If it was me, I'd focus on losing the body fat first (whilst doing weight training, but not looking to buik), then focus on building/toning your muscles once you've lost enough body fat. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest