The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Anyone got any questions about life at University of Cumbria?

Hi there,
This year I will become a 2nd year student at the University, studying at the Fusehill Street Campus.

Just wondered if anyone had any questions about the campus, accommodation or anything else in general about life at university?
Would love to know all about it!
I start BA Education Studies at Fusehill Street in September, I've just made it my firm as it was unconditional :biggrin:
I'm not staying in halls as i'll be moving to a private house with my fiance but i'd love to know everything! :smile:

Hannah x
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Reply 2
Hi there, I have a place on a an adult nursing course starting in march 2016 that I got through clearing, although im super happy I've got a place and all the staff seemed lovely on my interview I'm worried that it will be very quite with not much to do and bad night life after seeing some bad reviews x
Reply 3
Depends what you like to do but the nightlife is all right, everyone seems to gravitate to a few places but there are some nice places to eat and some good bars :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi. I am starting this September to study Zoology. Although I am 22, I am a little nervous about moving away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by sazzah
Hi there, I have a place on a an adult nursing course starting in march 2016 that I got through clearing, although im super happy I've got a place and all the staff seemed lovely on my interview I'm worried that it will be very quite with not much to do and bad night life after seeing some bad reviews x

Quiet nightlife suits me to the ground but my plan if I want a really good night out is to get the train to Newcastle and hang out with my buddy who's going to university there ( I also live there). Newcastle at least has a good nightlife.
Reply 6
Honestly forget newcastle.

If Brickyard is on, they do silent discos, gigs, soul nights and quite a lot of events.
Monday night hit Walkabout for Karaoke.
Tuesday is a Concrete night, because it's teapot Tuesday, 2 for 1 drinks.
Wednesday & Thursday go to Outrageous for £1 drinks
Friday and Saturday I normally go to Outrageous and then Club Rock to play pool.

But we do have Bronx, which do amazing offers and a lot of us watch wrestling there, and play pool and just chill out.
There's a lot of bars on botchergate who do 2 for 1, and special discount for students.
Don't knock Carlisle for a good night, I've had plenty and I've had far too much fun, if you want a really, quite night out just go near the river, drink some beer and smoke a doobie. Honestly, if you want a night out, hit me up and we will have an amazing night out in Carlisle.
Reply 7
That sounds good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending