The Student Room Group

Can't get a job but I do have some volunteering experience

I just graduated with a 2.2 in Economics from QMUL, and I can't get even the most basic jobs. Even clerk jobs require programming skills and experience which I don't have.

I volunteered throughout the entirety of university. That included being a project manager for hobbyist projects and actually delivering, as well as being a DJ/presenter in two online radios. No jobs that I've seen require either of those skills, so I'm very much stuck.

Also, I'm very much struggling with the bills and my family is against volunteering further because it doesn't pay the bills.

Which paying job titles and/or companies would be suited to me, considering my CV shows a passion for IT and gaming in particular, and my skills?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SecretDuck

Also, I'm very much struggling with the bills and my family is against volunteering further because it doesn't pay the bills.

That's silly if you can't find anything better.
Reply 2
Original post by Josb
That's silly if you can't find anything better.

Any hobbyist projects I do are just that - hobbies. They just so happen to give me a lot of competency based answers for future interviews, because there are always disagreements between team members and difficult tasks galore.

But I can't find any paying job which requires the skillset that I have.
Any hobbyist projects I do are just that - hobbies. They just so happen to give me a lot of competency based answers for future interviews, because there are always disagreements between team members and difficult tasks galore.

But I can't find any paying job which requires the skillset that I have.

use the careers service at qm. The economics department is quite good. Im assuming you graduated last year from econ? the amount of people on my masters course that did econ is huge.
Reply 4
Original post by daindian
use the careers service at qm. The economics department is quite good. Im assuming you graduated last year from econ? the amount of people on my masters course that did econ is huge.

I'll do that, thank you :smile:

Though I'm not sure banks target team leaders.
I'll do that, thank you :smile:

Though I'm not sure banks target team leaders.

go see lipsheon etc and get your cv checked. i know a lot of people that did econ and grdauted in 2014 on my course. its a numbers game.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending