The Student Room Group

What is the cheapest iPhone 6 contract for 12 months. Is it worth it?

Hi,

I am international student coming to the UK for 16 months. I wanted to take an iPhone 6 on contract but am confused whether it is worth it or not. Will I get the phone at the end of the contract 'unlocked'? Could you suggest any alternatives to this. Thank you.
I m afraid all iPhone contracts are at least 18 or 24 months so might not be worth it if you re not hear that long .
As the other post said most UK phone contracts are 18 or 24 months unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount each month.
If you're not bothered about the phone, you can always get a cheap pay as you go phone instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want a contract then buy the phone separately and get a sim-only deal (you can get 30-day rolling contract or 12 month contract with sim-only deals). This is what I do. I was with Vodafone paying £22 a month but my contract recently ran out and I moved to 3 and only pay £17 a month. It's cheaper than paying around £50 for the same contract with the phone which bounds you for 2 years. You could buy an unlocked iPhone 6 from somewhere like eBay, and this would mean that you own the phone and it's unlocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I m afraid all iPhone contracts are at least 18 or 24 months so might not be worth it if you re not hear that long .

Hi Claireestelle,

Thank you for the info. Probably will buy the phone here and use the pay as you go route.
Reply 5
Original post by Sophi12
As the other post said most UK phone contracts are 18 or 24 months unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount each month.
If you're not bothered about the phone, you can always get a cheap pay as you go phone instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sophi12, your suggestion makes a lot of sense. Was checking online and GiffGaff are the only ones with a 12 month contract with the monthly rate above 60 pounds:K:
Reply 6
Original post by qasim_96
If you want a contract then buy the phone separately and get a sim-only deal (you can get 30-day rolling contract or 12 month contract with sim-only deals). This is what I do. I was with Vodafone paying £22 a month but my contract recently ran out and I moved to 3 and only pay £17 a month. It's cheaper than paying around £50 for the same contract with the phone which bounds you for 2 years. You could buy an unlocked iPhone 6 from somewhere like eBay, and this would mean that you own the phone and it's unlocked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Quasim_96, So I guess I ll just have to buy the phone at home and then use the 12 month sim-only deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending