The Student Room Group

How can I apply for uni 2016 if I'm 20?

This is going to a little long so bear with me...

Ok so I left college last year and have been working all this year. In the last month I've decided I 100% want to go to university, I don't want to apply through clearing so I'm going to have to wait will next year (I'll be 20 by then).

I didn't try very hard with my A Levels and unfortunately only came out with an 1 E AS level, 1 D A Level and 1 E A Level and then a D* in a subsidiary diploma. So in total that's 260 points.

A lot of unis that I'm looking to apply for want 280-320 points.

So basically is there anyway I can take an AS level this year without returning to college full time? Or what other options do I have in regards to getting UCAS points?!

Thanks so much!!
Original post by kimberleyrolph

Ok so I left college last year and have been working all this year. In the last month I've decided I 100% want to go to university, I don't want to apply through clearing so I'm going to have to wait will next year (I'll be 20 by then).

I didn't try very hard with my A Levels and unfortunately only came out with an 1 E AS level, 1 D A Level and 1 E A Level and then a D* in a subsidiary diploma. So in total that's 260 points.

So basically is there anyway I can take an AS level this year without returning to college full time? Or what other options do I have in regards to getting UCAS points?!

Thanks so much!!

Have you considered a foundation year for your subject ? What course are you looking at?
Original post by kimberleyrolph

Thanks so much!!

you are simply taking 2 gap years. look up the course specification and apply for entry in 2016. try to contact your previous college for references and ucas contact details. Meanwhile you can retake whatever you need to boost your grades and tell ur college to give you some predicted grades.
Original post by rakib567
you are simply taking 2 gap years. look up the course specification and apply for entry in 2016. try to contact your previous college for references and ucas contact details. Meanwhile you can retake whatever you need to boost your grades and tell ur college to give you some predicted grades.

If you do retake anything check that specification is still on offer and that there's an exam centre offering it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending