The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Guys is an A 5 or 3 because if it's a 3 I'm ****ed
Reply 61
Original post by Nadia.barakat
well done!
I did okay. I got 5.4 4.5 3.5A. not sure if i'll make the cutoff tho cos it was 15.1 last year and I only got 13.4 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't the cutoff for all parts though? So you've got 18.4 with 5 points for the A? If not I am more than screwed
Reply 62
Original post by AnnekaChan173

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure it's a 5 (praying it is!!!)
Original post by Anon6
4.2, 2.8. 3A. Is this gonna be too low for Brighton????

I have 4.5, 3.8, 3.5B and think it'll be too low. 15 was the cut-off supposedly last year so lets hope it will be lower this year

BSMS scores the BMAT out of 28 (9 marks for Section 1, 9 for Section 2 and 5 marks for each element of Section 3) we then rank all applicants according to their total score out of 28 and work down the rankings to fill our interview places. For 2015 entry applicants who scored 15.1 or above were invited for interview (the cut off score will vary each year).

Suggests that an A is 5 marks imo
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Astronaut Sloth
I have 4.5, 3.8, 3.5B and think it'll be too low. 15 was the cut-off supposedly last year so lets hope it will be lower this year

I have 15 overall and 15.1 was cutoff for last year :frown:

You should be fine as you have 15.8 :smile:

Where else did you apply?
Original post by Anon6
I have 15 overall and 15.1 was cutoff for last year :frown:

You should be fine as you have 15.8 :smile:

Where else did you apply?

Hopefully we'll both be fine!

Plymouth, Leeds, Newcastle.

Wbu? :^_^:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Astronaut Sloth
Hopefully we'll both be fine!

Plymouth, Leeds, Newcastle.

Wbu? :^_^:

Fingers' crossed!!
I applied to Leeds as well but am now expecting a rejection from them too.

This application process is gonna be longggg
Original post by Anon6

It's 15 on the dot, thats what their cut off was last year, hopefully it's okay!
4.9 3.8 2A, I'm having a freak out right now because 2 is very low, idk if I'm going to be cut out really early because of that...

Original post by Cravez
BSMS scores the BMAT out of 28 (9 marks for Section 1, 9 for Section 2 and 5 marks for each element of Section 3) we then rank all applicants according to their total score out of 28 and work down the rankings to fill our interview places. For 2015 entry applicants who scored 15.1 or above were invited for interview (the cut off score will vary each year).

Suggests that an A is 5 marks imo

THANK ****. PLEASE.
Reply 69
It's 15 on the dot, thats what their cut off was last year, hopefully it's okay!
4.9 3.8 2A, I'm having a freak out right now because 2 is very low, idk if I'm going to be cut out really early because of that...

THANK ****. PLEASE.

15.1 was their cutofff :frown: :frown: I would be gutted if I missed their threshold by 0.1!!

And you should be fine. The A in S3 counts as 5 marks
4.2 4.9 and 3B

Am I in trouble?? :frown:
How do we work out our overall score?
I am still waiting to find out mine i can't log in for another 20 minutes because i attempted the wrong password 3 times :frown:
Original post by Anon6

Doesn't that make 15? It would have been ok last year ... I think :smile:
Hi can someone tell me how to calculate the total score please
I got 5.4, 4.7 and 3.0A. I hope this is enough! I'm sure the cut off will be lower this year as the results graph is skewed left.
I got 4.7, 3.1, 3C

:frown:
I got 5.4, 4.7, 3.0A ... section 2 was a shock as had been getting solid 6+ in practises :/ never mind! I recon the boundaries will have to be lower this year as the graph was to the left.
Didn't mean to reply twice ... Oops lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
someone pls help me.. is 4.7a, 4.7b and 2b enough for bsms :frown:
Reply 79
Original post by wishingwillow
someone pls help me.. is 4.7a, 4.7b and 2b enough for bsms :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That gives you an overall score of 15.4 which would have beat last year's cutoff of 15.1 so hopefully! (:

Quick Reply

Latest