The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

anyone applied to surrey for biochem? :colondollar:

Does anyone know if it is possible to combine a biochemistry degree with some computer science (even if it is not a joint degree)?

Original post by Sunshine98
anyone applied to surrey for biochem? :colondollar:

Yes
I applied for Biochemistry in Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews and Imperial. I have alredy received a conditional offer from Glasgow:biggrin:
Unis: Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, Sheffield, York
ECs : not much - basically volunteering

I have received conditional offers from Sheffield and York
Has anyone on here applied to Newcastle for Biochemistry? Worrying about how long it takes for them to reply
Original post by Pcabezas
I applied for Biochemistry in Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews and Imperial. I have alredy received a conditional offer from Glasgow:biggrin:

Original post by Kenpaichi
Unis: Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, Sheffield, York
ECs : not much - basically volunteering

I have received conditional offers from Sheffield and York

Well done the both of you!

I'm awaiting a response from Sheffield. When did you hear from them, Kenpaichi?
Original post by matthewcrown
Has anyone on here applied to Newcastle for Biochemistry? Worrying about how long it takes for them to reply

I haven't applied to Newcastle but don't worry :yep:

I haven't heard much from two of the unis I've applied to either.
Anyone have an interview at Manchester week? :colondollar:
Reply 69
Has anyone heard from edinburgh uni because i have heard from my other 4 and dont know wether it is worth waiting if the chances are i am not going to choose it
Original post by Clbegg
Has anyone heard from edinburgh uni because i have heard from my other 4 and dont know wether it is worth waiting if the chances are i am not going to choose it

hey can i ask where else you applied and when you sent off your application?
I'm still waiting for 4 of my Uni's to reply, I know people who have offers from these 4, yet it's been weeks and still nothing for me...
Reply 72
Anyone applying to Nottingham? And have they given out any offers yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellie674
I'm still waiting for 4 of my Uni's to reply, I know people who have offers from these 4, yet it's been weeks and still nothing for me...

What are they? :smile:
Original post by enaayrah
What are they? :smile:

York
Sheffield
Surrey
Leeds
Original post by Ellie674
York
Sheffield
Surrey
Leeds

I've got a decision from York but not Sheffield just yet. Don't worry :yep:
I've got a letter from Sheffield saying they will make me an offer but would like me to attend an open day (with an informal interview). It's on the 20th of November and I know for sure that I will be very busy around that time, and it's not a particularly good idea to go out of town during that time:colondollar:

They say that they'll make a decision based on only my UCAS form if I don't attend and I don't mind that :tongue:

Anyone else got the same?
I've got a letter from Sheffield saying they will make me an offer but would like me to attend an open day (with an informal interview). It's on the 20th of November and I know for sure that I will be very busy around that time, and it's not a particularly good idea to go out of town during that time:colondollar:

They say that they'll make a decision based on only my UCAS form if I don't attend and I don't mind that :tongue:

Anyone else got the same?

I decided to apply to a slightly different course at sheffield instead of biochemistry and now i'm slightly regretting it because I have to interview there on tuesday
Original post by RESstudent
I decided to apply to a slightly different course at sheffield instead of biochemistry and now i'm slightly regretting it because I have to interview there on tuesday

A proper, formal interview? Which course?

Best of luck, I have an interview at Manchester on Wednesday :smile:
A proper, formal interview? Which course?

Best of luck, I have an interview at Manchester on Wednesday :smile:

well i think its meant to be informal... but the leaflet they sent me isn't given me much hope! I applied for Chemistry with medicinal and biological chemistry there

Ooo good luck you'll have to tell me what it was like because i've got a manchester interview on the 18th :afraid::afraid:

Quick Reply