The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RESstudent
well i think its meant to be informal... but the leaflet they sent me isn't given me much hope! I applied for Chemistry with medicinal and biological chemistry there

Ooo good luck you'll have to tell me what it was like because i've got a manchester interview on the 18th :afraid::afraid:

Ah I see.

Don't worry, I'll update my OP with advice :yep:
Original post by enaayrah
I've got a letter from Sheffield saying they will make me an offer but would like me to attend an open day (with an informal interview). It's on the 20th of November and I know for sure that I will be very busy around that time, and it's not a particularly good idea to go out of town during that time:colondollar:

They say that they'll make a decision based on only my UCAS form if I don't attend and I don't mind that :tongue:

Anyone else got the same?

Yep, informal interview on the 20th November :smile:

I know strictly speaking we've already got the offer, but can't help but be nervous - I loved Sheffield on the open day!!
Original post by Applescruff
Yep, informal interview on the 20th November :smile:

I know strictly speaking we've already got the offer, but can't help but be nervous - I loved Sheffield on the open day!!

Do we have to attend do you think?
I really can't go :frown:

Ah don't worry, you'll be completely fine! :smile:

Their offers are usually AAA-AAB
i've got a letter from sheffield saying they will make me an offer but would like me to attend an open day (with an informal interview). It's on the 20th of november and i know for sure that i will be very busy around that time, and it's not a particularly good idea to go out of town during that time:colondollar:

they say that they'll make a decision based on only my ucas form if i don't attend and i don't mind that :tongue:

anyone else got the same?

i got the same letter
Hey, guys!
It seems that I am incredibly late to this thread, but I also have been invited to an interview at Sheffield on the 20th November, how exciting, it was a lovely university.
How are your all of your applications/feedback from Universities coming along by the way?

I also have an interview at Manchester on the 11th, and offers from York and Warwick... I apologise for that arrogance, hopefully it didn't come across that way, hm, I'll be quiet now... I just figured that maybe some of you will be on the same biochemical boat :smile:
(..Now just the long wait to hear back from Oxford with a thumbs up or down like a Roman emperor during a Gladiator tournament..)

All the best!
(Psst, don't you just love the beauty of membrane proteins? Mmm)
Original post by DanMargetts
Hey, guys!
It seems that I am incredibly late to this thread, but I also have been invited to an interview at Sheffield on the 20th November, how exciting, it was a lovely university.
How are your all of your applications/feedback from Universities coming along by the way?

I also have an interview at Manchester on the 11th, and offers from York and Warwick... I apologise for that arrogance, hopefully it didn't come across that way, hm, I'll be quiet now... I just figured that maybe some of you will be on the same biochemical boat :smile:
(..Now just the long wait to hear back from Oxford with a thumbs up or down like a Roman emperor during a Gladiator tournament..)

All the best!

I've got the same thing from Sheffield and an offer from York. My interview at Manchester is next Wednesday.

I am also waiting to hear from Cambridge, and I have an acknowledgement from Imperial which seems alright.

Good luck to you too!

Hmm like tiles in a mosaic!
Hey, guys!

All the best!

Ooh I got an offer from Warwick as well...did you apply to MBio or BSc?
Original post by TheFroyoBear
Ooh I got an offer from Warwick as well...did you apply to MBio or BSc?

Ah, brilliant, well done! I applied for MBio, so AAB, how about you?
I've applied for an Mbio in biochemistry and genetics together
Ah, brilliant, well done! I applied for MBio, so AAB, how about you?

Cool I applied to MBio....!! :smile: I got AA for AH (Scotland)...have you been down to Warwick?
Original post by TheFroyoBear
Cool I applied to MBio....!! :smile: I got AA for AH (Scotland)...have you been down to Warwick?

I haven't actually been able to make it down there, probably not the best of ideas, but I may see if I can check it out at some point. Have you been there? :smile:
Original post by Ellie674
I've applied for an Mbio in biochemistry and genetics together

That seems like a pretty good idea.

After consulting with a fair few people, including PhD students, I've gone for the three year BSc for all :smile:
Loads of courses let you switch though
Original post by vildeung
Holy moly, I just sent my application for Biochem at
UCL
Imperial
Oxford
St Andrews
Edinburgh
SO excited! When will I hear back you think???

Hi there! I sent of my biochemistry for literally the same universities, except UCL=Durham..... I haven't heard back yet, apart from the typical acknowledgement :frown: Hopefully something will happen soon though!)
Anyone filled out the booking form for the day yet? Is the personal ID our UCAS ID?
Original post by Ellie674
Anyone filled out the booking form for the day yet? Is the personal ID our UCAS ID?

Yep, sure is!
Yep, sure is!

Thankyou! All booked now ☺️
Hi Guys,

I've just found this thread too, little late i know hehe.
Applied for Biochem at Sheffield, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester and medicinal and pharmaceutical chem at loughborough.
Got offers from Liverpool and Loughborough already :biggrin: and sheffield said they'll confirm my offer through UCAS after the interview thing on the 20th!
Good luck to everyone... all the best!
Anyone in Manchester tomorrow for the interview? :h:
Anyone in Manchester tomorrow for the interview? :h:

best of luck!!
I just had my sheffield informal biological chemistry interview today and it was honestly fine
Original post by RESstudent
best of luck!!
I just had my sheffield informal biological chemistry interview today and it was honestly fine

Ooh, glad it went well! :h:

I don't know why I have the feeling that at at least one interview, I'll be asked 'What's your favourite amino acid?' :s-smilie:
I have an answer - cysteine - but it's a weird feeling aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending